Chapter Five - Back to Hogwarts

Word Count: 1,816

Warnings: None. 

Every time I returned to Hogwarts, there was a different feeling in the air. In my first year, I was more excited for it than I had been for anything in my life. As a kid, I was sheltered by Moony. The man was so afraid that I would get hurt, he simply just kept quiet about things such as this.

In my second year, I was quite hopeful entering the halls of the castle again. Having met Harry Potter, I knew that danger was going to follow me around for longer than I would like. I hoped Second Year would be quiet. How I was mistaken.

In Third Year, I was utterly terrified arriving at Hogwarts, the news of my father's escape fresh on my mind and the next year uncertain. In everything that happened, Third Year was probably the easiest I've had so far.

Walking through the train station, I was unsure how to feel and the closer we got to the entrance to Platform 9 ¾, the more my stomach began to turn.

"Now, we mustn't stay long at the station as there are other matters to attend to." Lucius spoke. "I am afraid that you will have to board the train without us."

Narcissa was silent beside her husband, her gaze seemingly focused on putting one foot in front of the other. Draco nodded at his father's statement.

"That is alright father. We wouldn't want to hold you up," he answered as we arrived at the wall between Platforms 9 and 10. The disappointing tone was clear in his voice.

"Now," Narcissa spoke up, taking her son into her arms. "You be safe and get into no trouble. I'll see you at Christmas."

"There is no need for him to come home." Lucius cut in.

"He is coming home for Christmas," Cissy spoke rather sternly and I couldn't help the smile that rose on my face.

"Now, Lyra." Narcissa opened her arms wide for me and I embraced my aunt tightly. "Don't get into too much trouble," she whispered.

"No promises," I returned. When she pulled away, I watched Lucius grab her arm and pull her to his side.

"Alright. Goodbye, Draco." Lucius readied to leave.

"Father."

"Black." He spoke sterner.

I saluted the man. "Later Lucius." Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy left the train station.

"Come on Lyra. Let's get on the train." Draco spoke up, taking my hand in his and without another word we ran at the wall, entering the Platform.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"If it isn't Ms. Lyra Black." Pansy's voice rang out as we entered the compartment. I smiled.

"Your voice is music to my ears Ms. Parkinson." I replied, watching her rise from her seat.

"Well, of course it is." She hugged me tightly. "I am an angel."

There was a sudden laugh at Pansy's words and I turned to my right to find Blaise Zabini rising from his position, an amused expression on his face.

"You, an angel? What alternate universe have I been transported to?" he asked.

I laughed lightly, watching Pansy sink back onto her seat as I hugged Blaise. He squeezed tightly, rocking us back and forth. "Merlin, I missed you Black!"

"Ditto Zabini." I pulled away, turning to find Theo sat in my usual spot, his face stern.

"What's the face for Nott?" I asked.