Chapter Nine - Let Go

Word Count: 3,931. 

Warnings: Slight SMUT.

The walk to the Dungeons of Hogwarts never felt so terrifying. I lived down here. In the dungeons. My favourite class was down here. I had been in the Potion's classroom three times since school started again, but as I approached the room to attend Advanced Potion's, my heart hammered in its cage in my chest.

I had met Kenneth in Advanced Potion's and I knew he was sure to be there. The Gryffindor had missed an entire year, but Snape wouldn't kick him out for something he didn't do.

I knew it wasn't him. Crouch. But there was something in me that just couldn't associate the Gryffindor's face with anything but the Death Eater.

"You shouldn't go," Barty told me. "It'll be too much for your little head." He appeared on my left.

"Don't listen to him," Estrella cut in, approaching my right. "Not going will only prove that you are scared."

"And she has the right to be scared Ella," Crouch argued with the other voice in my head.

"And who's fault is that?"

"Look," I stopped, turning to the two of them. "Would you two just shut up and go bicker somewhere else?"

Before either of them could reply, I turned away, the door to the Potion's classroom only a couple of paces away. I froze when I looked through a crack in the door.

Kenneth Towler, the real Kenneth Towler had sat himself down at my desk. Our desk. He was silently taking his books from his bag.

Barty suddenly appeared beside him, sitting where I should be. I sighed frustratingly. Crouch rest his head on his hand as he watched the boy.

"Damn, this guy is hot. I don't see why you picked Scarface Riddle," he spoke up loudly.

I cringed, expecting the class to turn to the Death Eater but sighed when I remembered that he was in my head. Estrella pulled the man from the desk aggressively.

"Sit down Lyra," she told me, pointing to the chair.

"Don't order her around. She doesn't like that," Crouch told my mother.

"And how would you know that?" Estrella asked, turning to face the man.

"Because I'm in her head." He pointed to me.

"So am I, you idiot!" She was shouting now.

"Fuck this," I muttered to myself, turning from the door and rushing back to the Common Room. The voices didn't speak again.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

Sitting cross-legged in my bed, I watched the brown paper package carefully. I hadn't opened what Tonks had given me yet. Partially because I hadn't had a moment to myself since I had arrived at Hogwarts and partially because I was scared to.

"Something your father and Moony don't even know the answers to," I repeated her words.

"What is it?" Estrella asked, sitting herself down beside me.

I sighed, waiting for Crouch to show up and argue with her, but he didn't. "Where's your better half?" I asked her.

"I don't have a better half," she told me firmly.

Reaching forward, I took the small bundle in my hands. "She said to open it when I was alone."

"But you're not alone."

"You're in my head."

She held her heads up in defence, sitting herself against the back of the bed. She crossed her arms over her chest.