Chapter Seventeen - The First Task

Word Count: 2,563. 

Warnings: None. 

"Come on! Move your fucking asses! I wanna get good seat!" I screamed at the single Slytherin behind me.

Draco sighed. "Lyra, you could just look at someone and they'd move from their seat. There's no need to get there early," he complained.

"I don't feel like being a bitch today."

It was the day of the First Task in the Tri-Wizard Tournament. The excitement levels of the school had increased rapidly in the past few hours, and it seemed that everyone was making their way to the Quidditch field.

Draco was the only one of my friends that was attending the task. It wasn't something the others were interested in. Although they did say that they were be gutted if they missed a death. I hoped to Merlin that there wasn't one. This needed to go as normal as possible.

Malfoy had claimed that the only reason he had joined me was because he didn't want me to be on my own. I knew that that wasn't the case, but didn't question him. If I brought up the reason I believed he was here, the Slytherin might strangle me.

"Ms. Black. Coming to see the trial, are you?" Mad-Eye Moody approached us. I stopped in front of the Professor.

"Yes Professor. I thought that I would give my good luck to Potter."

The teacher nodded. "Depending on what dragon he gets, he might need it."

"Dragon?" I asked incredulously. Draco tensed beside me.

Moody laughed. "Yes, Ms. Black. Sorry I spoiled the surprise." The ex-Auror walked away without another word or explanation.

I turned to Draco. "Harry's fighting a dragon?"

"He'll get himself killed." Malfoy's voice was laced with worry.

Turning around, I spotted Crouch walking into one of the bigger tents by the field. I caught a glimpse of the glasses-wearing boy inside along with the rest of the school champions.

I took a small transparent piece of material out of my pocket. Draco faced me fully.

"What's that?" he asked.

Pulling out my wand, I waved it over the square-like shape. I then handed my wand to Draco.

Taking the edges of the material, I folded it outwards, making it bigger. I unfolded again, and again, and again, until I shook the transparent material out, the item turning completely invisible. I took my wand from Draco's grasp.

"This is something I borrowed from Potter." I told him, taking a quick look around me before throwing it over my shoulders.

"Lyra?" Draco asked, looking at the spot I had been in.

"It's an Invisibility Cloak," I told him, watching him jump at my voice. I could only imagine what it looked like to him.

"I know what you're going to do." He sighed. "Be careful."

"Always."

Scurrying away from the blonde, I made for the tent, ducking under the fabric of the entrance.

"Well, now we're all here - time to fill you in!" Bagman spoke brightly.

I moved to the corner of the tent, watching as the four champions approached the Commentator. I watched Harry carefully. The other's weren't important to me. Not in that moment.

"When the audience has assembled, I'm going to be offering each of you this bag" - Bagman held up a small sack of purple silk and shook it at them – "from which you will each select a small model of the thing you are about to face! There are different - er - varieties, you see. And I have to tell you something else too... ah, yes... your task is to collect the golden egg!"