Chapter Ten - Escape

Word Count: 3,878.

Warnings: None.

Waking up after being drunk on the Weasley's alcohol was one thing, but waking up after smoking whatever it was that they gave us last night was a completely different matter.

"I feel like my head might explode," I moaned, covering my eyes with the sheets of the bed I lay in.

"Well, good morning sleeping beauty," Mattheo announced, sitting down on the bed beside me.

"Too loud, too loud," I explained, waving a hand at him from under the safety of the bed sheets.

I heard him laugh lightly, taking my hand in his and kissing my knuckles. He held it softly.

Poking my head out from underneath the covers, I gave him a pointed look. "What's got you all lovey dovey?" I asked him.

He shook his head, letting go of my hand and scooting closer to me. He brought a hand over my body to rest on the other side of my covered waist.

"Maybe because we're going on a date," he told me.

"Okay, I know I went crazy last night, but I think I would remember agreeing to a date." I slowly sat myself up, leaning back on my hands.

"Well do you disagree?" he asked, raising a brow.

I shook my head. "Of course not, but not right now. I feel that if I stand up, I may puke."

Riddle laughed. "I don't know what they gave you last night, but it wasn't your average weed."

"It didn't help that I kept taking it."

"No, it didn't."

I noticed that Riddle was still in the same clothes as he had been the night before. His top was missing, as was his leather jacket, leaving him in his trousers.

Looking down at myself, I noticed that I was still wearing my black skirt but my top had been removed and I was left in my bra.

"Oh shit." I tried to cover myself, quickly rising from the bed. "Where's my top?" I asked him, searching the floor.

Mattheo chucked warmly. "There's the Lyra I know. I was a little suspicious that you hadn't noticed yet."

Trying to cover myself, turning around to him for a moment. My cheeks reddened as he bit his lip.

"Where my top Riddle?" I asked him.

The boy shook his head, standing up and slowly making his way towards me. "I don't know. Things kind of went everywhere."

"Riddle –"

He cut me off by wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling into him. Mattheo brushed a piece of hair from my face, tucking it behind me ear.

Running a thumb across the scar on my cheek, he looked into my eyes. "You're beautiful, you know that?"

"Fuck off," I tried to push him away, but his grip only tightened.

"You are beautiful," he repeated, taking a breath between each word.

I rolled my eyes, pulling away from the guy to try and find my top. "You're an idiot," I told him.

"Possibly," he replied, scanning his eyes over the room, "but would an idiot be able to find you shirt?"

I turned to the boy, following his gaze to a small white object in the corner of the room. I rushed over, picking it up and putting it on.

When I turned back to Riddle, he was holding my shoes out for me. I took them gently, putting them on just as quickly.

Looking up again, he was holding his leather jacket out to me. "That's not mine," I told him.