Chapter Three - A Different Manor

Word Count: 3,077. 

Warnings: None.

Lyra's POV

Packing my bag for Malfoy Manor was something I had gotten used to over the years. Although Lucius never liked my visits, they were one thing that Narcissa had always persisted about, but I wasn't packing for a simple weekend trip this time.

"Have you got everything?" Lupin asked from the doorway. Sirius paced up and down the hall behind him.

"I think so."

"Wand?" my father asked, stepping into the room and making for my suitcase.

"Yes," I answered.

"Brain?"

"Right here." I pointed to my head.

"Knives?"

I turned to him. perking a brow. "Knives?"

His eyes widened. "What if they take you wand? Or if you lose it? You'll need something to defend –"

"Padfoot," Moony cut in. "Calm down."

"How am I supposed to stay calm? My daughter is about to meet Voldemort."

"He might not be there," I told my father.

"Do you really believe that?"

The doorbell rang, our heads turning to the stairs. Moony took a deep breath before passing the two of us a look. He left the room to answer the door.

Sirius began pacing the room again, biting his nails nervously. I approached him, taking his hands in mine. My father's gaze turned to me.

"It's going to be okay dad. Voldemort being there is worst case scenario. It could easily just be Cissy wanting to see me. I told you how much of a mother she had been to me. Remember?"

Sirius slouched on to my bed, nodding. "Yeah. Yeah. It could be."

I sat beside him, hands still in mine. "One sign of trouble and I'll be out of there quicker than you can say my name, okay?"

He nodded again, turning to look at me. "I don't want to lose you."

I shook my head, bringing it forward to lean it against the side of his. "Not going to happen."

"The Malfoy's House Elf is here," Moony told us, re-entering the room.

I stood up from my position, wrapping my arms around Moony's torso. He held me tightly.

"Be careful, okay?" he told me.

I nodded into his chest. "Always am."

Pulling away, I turned to my father who had followed my lead in rising from the bed. He pulled me by the shoulders, grasping me tightly in his arms. I returned the hug with equal strength.

"You come back now. Don't decide that you want to stay."

I pulled away from him. "Of course I'll come back."

Nodding to the two of them, I took my newly packed suitcase and quickly made my way down the stairs.

"Good Day Folley," I greeted the House Elf.

"Ms. Black. Let me take your bags."

I shook my head. "There's no need. I am fully capable."

The House Elf nodded, reaching a hand out towards me. I took it firmly.