Chapter Twenty-Nine - Leave-Taking

Word Count: 1,625.

Warnings: None. 

I hadn't waited to be discharged from the hospital wing before visiting Lupin in his office.

When I arrived, he was packing his things up from his room. He stuffed a couple of shirts into his suitcase, pushing them together so that everything could fit.

"Are you leaving?" I asked. He turned around quickly, face guilty as he looked at me.

"I don't have a choice. If the parents find out..." He trailed off. I nodded in understanding.

"I'll get my stuff then." Turning around, I made for the door to his room.

"Actually, don't." I faced him again. "I need to find somewhere for us to stay. Our house at the moment is compromised. I think it would be better if you stayed somewhere else for the summer, or at least some of it."

"Where?" I asked.

Lupin gulped. "The Malfoys offered to take you in."

"What? You're not seriously thinking about it, are you?"

"The Notts are away for the summer as they always are and," he paused. "It is not the worst thing in the world. It'll only be for a couple weeks. I have an idea of somewhere we can stay, but it might take a while to get."

I shook my head. "It's okay. I'll stay with them. I just might not be able to keep my temper under control, that's all." I sat down. Lupin continued to pack.

"I almost killed Pettigrew last night." I revealed. Lupin froze, the items he was holding dropping from his grasp and he quickly faced me. "I wanted to, but then he called me Ella and I froze." Lupin sighed, sitting down beside me.

"He told me she was murdered. That Bellatrix killed her, not me." Moony's eyes widened in surprise. "He's insane. Talking to himself and completely bonkers insane, but people usually tell the truth when they are least likely to."

"It's possible. Bellatrix hated your mother." Lupin sighed, leaning his head on his hand.

"Then he talked about a Prophecy about me."

"It's bullshit!"

"Funny, that was Sirius' exact reaction."

Remus leaned forward on his knees, taking my hands in his. "The Prophecy says that you will become Voldemort's greatest weapon. That you will join him in destroying the world, but it's a load of utter bullshit."

I laughed. "I don't like hearing you curse. It's weird."

"I'm being serious. This isn't a joke." He spoke sterner. "It's a Prophecy. Nothing more. It's your choice who you become, but as long as I am alive, you will not become his puppet. Do you understand?"

I nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck as I hugged him. I sniffled, burying my face in his neck. Should I tell him? About the power? I tensed when his hands tightened around my waist. My ribs in particular. He quickly moved away.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, moving away from me and continuing to pack.

"Moony."

"I could have killed you last night." He spoke suddenly. "I almost did. I've never hurt you like that before." His hands tightened around a shirt he was holding. "I'm dangerous."

"You," I started, rising from my seat. "Are as harmful as a fly. Wolfie is a drama queen who likes throwing shit, but you're not Wolfie." I placed a hand onto his shoulder.