Chapter Thirty - The Astronomy Tower

Word Count: 726.

Warnings: None. 

The top of the Astronomy Tower was probably the coldest place in the school, but I knew that it was the only place I would find him.

"You are so predictable." I muttered, leaning against the door of the tower. Mattheo turned around quickly, smiling at me.

"You're awake," he sighed.

"I've actually been awake for a while. You just keep leaving before I get to see you." I pushed off the door frame, moving forward.

Riddle moved away from the railings, stepping towards me, and engulfing me in a strong hug. "Woah." I hugged his back, wrapping my arm around his torso.

"What happened?" he asked, moving back. He kept his hands on my waist.

"That's a long story." I told him.

"We have time." He replied, tilting his head as he let go of me.

I looked away from him, heading for the opening of the tower. I leaned against the railings, watching students leave the castle.

"You looked dead when we first saw you." Mattheo spoke suddenly, settling himself beside me. "Pale. Bloody. You looked like a corpse honestly."

"I got thrown into a tree." I explained. His head shot to look at me. Nodding, I continued, "but considering that I just travelled through time and saw my father, I don't think I'm dead just yet."

"Travelling through time?" Riddle asked, raising an eyebrow at my statement. "Your father?"

"Another long story."

Mattheo sighed, turning his body to me as he straightened. I followed his lead. Taking my cheek in his hand, he brushed his thumb across the old scar on my face.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked, moving closer to me. I nodded, smiling softly.

Encasing my lips in his, Mattheo kissed me softly. He brought his other hand to my cheek as I brought mine up to his shoulders. When he moved away, he moved his hands down to my waist.

I smiled, shaking my head as I looked up to him. I played with the hairs at the nape of his neck, watching his take a deep breath.

"I'm not going to be able to talk to you much over the summer. There's some," he paused, "stuff at home I need to sort out, and my mother isn't a fan of visitors." I nodded. "But when we get back, I wanted to ask of you would like to go on a date with me?"

I smiled, letting out a breathy laugh. I nodded. "Yes, I would."

"Good." He replied, leaning towards me again. I placed a finger up to his mouth, biting my lip.

"On one condition." I told him.

Riddle shook his head, smiling softly. "And what's that?"

"You never become anything else?"

"What?" He was confused.

"Never be boring." Mattheo laughed lightly, his smile causing my stomach to flutter.

"I told you Black, I hate boring." He kissed me softly.

"And we are anything but boring." I finished for him.

"Now about those long stories." He pulled back, scanning my face.

"Well, it starts with a rat."

"A rat?"

I nodded. "A rat."

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"Everything is in place my Lord. The girl is to go to Malfoy Manor for the summer and the boy will spend the next few months with the muggles." A hissing voice informed.

"Very good. Is everything in place for my return?" the small creature in the chair spoke.

"Pettigrew has returned to us. He will be preforming the spell. As for me, I will bring our followers to the stadium later this summer."

"Good. Now all I need is to give you your next mission."

The hissing man and the one he was speaking to seemed to be the only people in the room. The man that stood bent down to hunker beside his master's ear.

"You must infiltrate Hogwarts. Watch the boy and make sure he does as he is told."

"What about the girl. What about Black?"

"Keep an eye on her, but not too closely. She is less likely to trust than the boy is. Besides, there are other things at play around her. We cannot give Lyra everything just yet."

"Yes, my Lord. I believe Alastor Moody is to go to Hogwarts this year. I will find my way into the school with him."

"Good. Very good. We will have our time yet Mr. Crouch. We will have our time yet."