Chapter Twenty-One - The Yule Ball

Word Count: 5,094. 

Warnings: None. 

It wasn't long after Christmas Day that the Yule Ball began to quickly move towards us. It was because of this fast-approaching event that I had been dragged out of the castle and down to Hogsmeade so that I could find something to wear for the famed ball.

"I'm thinking something red. To make you look hot as fuck!" Pansy exclaimed, her arms interlocking with Blaise's as they skipped through the streets. Nika walked beside me, smiling at their enthusiasm.

"Am I the only one that still hasn't got an outfit?" I asked them.

"Yes," they replied collectively.

I rolled my eyes at their antics, turning my head from them. My eyes found their way to Borgin and Burkes. The glass had been replaced and the items changed. The necklace I had seen was gone. In place of it, a silver, red jewelled pendent sat on the frame.

"See something you like?" Nika asked, turning my gaze back to her.

I shook my head. "Nothing that catches my eye."

"Are you okay?" she continued, lacing her arm through mine as we continued our journey through Hogsmeade. "You've been real weird lately."

I nodded. "Just a lot on my plate."

She pulled me into her side, hugging me tightly. "Well yell if you need me and I'll come running."

I smiled, turning my eyes to Blaise and Pansy who had stepped inside a nearby shop. We followed them.

It was bright. The shop. Colours of every type blinded me as I entered the store. Dresses, robes, suits. Anything you could think of. It was quite a shock to my system to see so many varying outfits in one room.

Blaise didn't seem surprised by the change of scenery. "If it isn't my favourite shop in the world," he sighed.

"Favourite?" Nika asked, pulling out a frilled blue dress. "There's nothing but frills on this thing."

"Yes, some of the stuff is... questionable, but the good stuff... is in the back." The dark-skinned Slytherin vanished behind a curtain.

I turned to look at Lupa who was expertly examining a sheer dress. "This would look amazing on you, don't you think Pans?"

Parkinson turned red looking at the outfit. "It's...pretty."

I looked between the two of them. "Hold on, when did this officially happen?" I asked.

"Officially?" Nika asked.

"Well, I knew you were hooking up but if this is official, I am so excited to tease the fuck –"

"Black! Get your ass in here and put it in this dress!" Blaise shouted from the back room.

Both Pansy and Nika moved for the curtain. "Wait, we're not finished here." I followed them. "We're not... finished." They vanished behind the curtain. I sighed, shaking my head softly before joining them.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"I don't know about this Blaise. It's... tight." I turned my body sideways in the mirror, looking at the skin-tight black pencil dress. It reached just above my knees and had a high neckline. "I look like I'm going to court."

"Just get out here and we'll decide on what you look like!" he shouted in response.

I moved the curtains apart, stepping into an area where the three of them sat. Their eyes widened as I showed them the dress, placing my hands firmly on my hips.