Chapter Nineteen - Hate

Word Count: 3,407. 

Warnings: None.

The weight of the situation seemed to fall back onto me as I washed my hands in the sink of one of Malfoy Manor's many bathrooms.

Looking into the mirror, I took notice of the how drained my face looked. I was tired. I had gotten the best sleep in a while and yet my energy was leaving quicker than I could push away the sickening feeling.

Cupping my hands, I splashed some water onto my face, running my hands over my skin as I welcomed the cold liquid. When I opened my eyes again, there was blood streaming from my nose.

"Shit," I muttered, grabbing some tissue and pressing it to the underneath of my nose, applying pressure to the bleed. "What is it with this house?"

My mind started to ache as I watched the flame push against its barriers. I shook my head, slamming a door in its face as I tried to move the power back.

Crying out in pain, my hands gripped the sink tightly, leaning myself against it. I was panting, entire body aching in sharp pains.

Looking back up to the mirror, I found that not only was blood falling from my nose, it was coming from my eyes and ears too.

A ringing sound made its way into my mind, the force of it making me push off the sink and crumple to the ground in the corner of the room.

"Let go," my mother's voice told me, but she didn't appear. "Let the power overcome you. The pain will stop."

"Don't," Crouch told me. His figure appeared in front of me. The man kneeled down in front of me. "Don't give in. It's trying to trick your mind. Don't let it."

Another wave of pain hit me, and I grasped my head tightly, trying to stop the ringing.

"It's not real," he told me. "It can't make you feel. It can't control you, so don't let it."

"I can't. It hurts. I have to let it go."

"You can." His voice was still calm. "But maybe you aren't strong enough to stop it yourself yet."

Bringing his hands forward, the man placed them on either side of my face. As his skin touched mine, the pain ceased.

I was still panting but running a hand over my face I found that the blood had vanished.

I stood up quickly, bracing myself against the sink. "What?" I muttered, looking back into the mirror. "Fuck I hate this place."

There was a sudden knock on the door. I jumped, hand on my chest.

"Lyra?" Mattheo's voice asked.

I sighed in relief. "Yes?" I replied.

"We should head down."

I nodded to myself. "I'll be out now."

Brushing the hair behind my ear, I took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" I heard the Slytherin ask from outside the door.

I shook my head. "Fine," I lied.

"Why don't I believe you?"

"Because it's a lie." I opened the door, giving him a scared look.

His expression changed immediately, worry blossoming on his face. "What happened?" he asked, entering the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

"I had another one of those meltdown things," I told him, not knowing what words to use to explain it.