Chapter Two - The Quidditch World Cup

Word Count: 2,646

Warnings: None

"Have you secured your place in Hogwarts?" My master spoke. I rest my side on the arm of his chair as to hear his weakening voice better.

"Yes, my lord. Everything is underway and I am to enter the castle at the beginning of the school year," I replied.

"Very good. You must go unnoticed."

"What of the girl, my lord? Are you quite sure that we must leave her alone? With her importance?"

"Yes," he spoke sternly. "You must not interfere with her in any way this year. I need her anger to grow before we try anything with her, otherwise her power won't be strong enough to break the barrier," he paused, taking a raspy breath. "Do not interfere in her path."

"Yes, my lord." I nodded in compliance. "As you wish."

"This must go according to plan or all else will fail. I cannot fail. I will not fail." The room fell into a small silence.

"Before you enter Hogwarts, there is something else I require." My lord spoke again.

"What is it?" I asked fervently.

"Have you heard of a game called Quidditch?"

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"Black! Hurry up! My father wishes to leave soon!" Draco's voice drifted through the old halls of Malfoy Manor.

I finished adjusting the jacket around my shoulders, buttoning up the front of it. I took my wand from the bed and placed it into the side of my boot. There weren't any pockets in my jacket so there was the need for improvisation.

"Black!"

"I'm on my way!" I shouted back at him. "Merlin, have some fucking patience Malfoy."

Starting for the door, I found my gaze wandering back to my desk. Towards the letter. The one from my father. Should I open it now?

"Black!" Draco's voice rung out again.

My head moved from the desk towards the door and without another glance at the mysterious note, I quickly left the room.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"Merlin Draco, you have a mighty set of lungs, don't you?" I asked the blonde-haired boy as I descended the stairs.

Draco had positioned himself against the bannisters of the stairs, his feet crossed over each other. The boy sighed upon my arrival. "I need it when it comes to Little Miss Lyra Black."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Draco placed his hands onto my shoulders. "Lyra, I love you," he started, "but Merlin, you're deaf."

I gasped, removing his hands. "How dare you?" I asked sarcastically, earning a smile from the blonde.

"Alright children, enough chit-chat. We must leave for the Port-Key immediately if we wish to get there on time. Mr. Bagman is waiting for us." Lucius flew through the entrance-way.

Narcissa hurried after the man, holding out his overcoat as Lucius quickly stepped into it. He made for the door without a glance towards the woman.

I gave Cissy a smile, to which she returned swiftly. Hers was less enthusiastic. My aunt nodded towards the door, placing her hands across her stomach.

"That's our sign to follow him." Draco informed me. I simply nodded, giving the lady of the house one last look before following her husband out the door of Malfoy Manor.