Chapter Eleven - Mission: First Date

Word Count: 3,675.

Warnings: None. 

The atmosphere of the school had changed dramatically on the week of the announcement. The announcement being the chosen three who would be the contenders for the Tri-Wizard Tournament, or as Draco had started calling them. 'The Sacrifices.' If I had any doubt that the students were excited before, that was purged with this extra layer of emotion cascading through the castle.

"Do they ever run out of energy?" I asked Theo, leaning myself against his side as we sat on the grass. "They'll have none left for when the actual Tournament begins."

The courtyard was bustling with students, Hogwarts and Beauxbatons alike. The Durmstrangs seemed to be too occupied by crowds of swooning students to linger.

"Seems that Draco Malfoy isn't the heartthrob of the school anymore." Theo replied, but not in response to my statement.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Look." Theo pointed across the grass, his fingers landing on a certain blonde-haired Slytherin. 

Theo clearly observed it as the boy being ignored by the students around him, but I knew my Black cousin better than that. "He's not being ignored. He's pining. That's his pining look."

"His what?"

"Look at his eyes. Downcast, saddened, but with a tinge of hope."

"You scare me."

I gave the boy a hard slap on the shoulder. "He's clearly got feelings for someone and doesn't know how to tell them."

Nott looked at me flatly. "We're taking about the same person, right?"

"Yes. Who else is platinum blonde, Slytherin and piningly looking at Harry Potter?" I followed Malfoy's gaze to see it land on a certain glasses wearing Gryffindor. "Holy shit!"

Exclaiming, I jumped up into a standing position, my head moving back and forth between the two boys.

"Lyra, that's insane." Theo rose with me.

"Is it?" I asked quietly. Opening my mouth to speak, I turned around to look at my cousin. His attention had moved elsewhere.

Stood in the middle of the group of Gryffindor's was the guy I had caught Theo making out with the previous year. Nott's gaze was fixed firmly on the boy, his complete and utter attention on him.

"This is the part where you go and talk to him," I muttered in his ear.

Theo let out a sigh. "I may have ghosted him all summer."

I pushed the boy forward. "Well, let's not continue that." Theo kept walking.

Upon reaching him, the Gryffindor surged forward, greeting the Slytherin with a longing kiss. Nott looked momentarily shocked but quickly recovered, placing a soft hand on the guy's cheek. I smiled at the interaction. This Gryffindor looked to be a good kisser.

"Should I be worried?" a voice whispered from behind me and I couldn't help but smile wider.

"And what, Mr. Towler, would you have to be worried about?" I asked the Sixth Year, turning to face him.

With his hands behind his back, Kenneth nodded his head from side to side. "I don't know. My date being stolen from me."

"You're date?" I asked him. "I didn't know that we were on one."

"You didn't? Oh how silly of me." He leaned forward, bringing his face closer to mine. "We're on a date," he whispered.

"Right now?"