Chapter Thirty-Six - Broken

Word Count: 3,425

Warnings: None.

Before he could say anything else, I threw myself onto my father, hugging him tightly. He returned the embrace quickly.

"That was some distracting up there," he complimented me, pulling away to look down at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I know how to piss Lucius Malfoy off."

Fighting had broken out behind us, flashes of red and green streaking through each other in the air.

I made to go help but my father quickly took hold of my sleeve, shaking his head. "You're not going out there."

"Like Merlin, I'm not," I replied. "I'm not going to sit idly by and let everyone else fight."

He shook his head again, but this time he paired it with an exasperated sigh. "You better be careful," he told me. "I'm not losing you."

"Well then," I told him. "You better stick close."

With a nod, we both turned to the fight, rushing towards the center. I ducked behind one of the large boulders as a stream of green flew past me.

Peaking over the stone, I spotted one of the Death Eaters with their eyes on mine. They fired again, hitting the stone above my head and part of it crumbling on impact.

With a deep breath, I stood up, pointing my wand at him. "Stupefy!" I shouted, hitting the man square in the chest, watching him fly backwards.

"Nice shot!" my dad complimented, looking over at me from a nearby boulder.

"He was an easy target!" I replied, looking over the rock again.

I spotted Harry in the middle, currently facing off against Malfoy. "Shit! We need to get to Harry!" I told my dad.

He nodded and together we ran up the middle of the room, eyes set on the raven-haired boy. Out of the corner of my eyes, I spotted a familiar Death Eater, his wand poised at me. Dolohov.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted, pointing at him but he simply dissaperated away.

I turned in a circle, searching for his face. My father stopped but I quickly shook my head. "Go get Harry. I can handle myself."

He shook his head with a smile. "You're my goddamn daughter alright." He rushed off.

A whip of air brushed my left cheek and I turned quicky to find the Death Eater I had been looking for, a glint in his eyes as he cast his spell.

Bringing my wand up in front of me, I blocked it with a protection spell before shooting back. "Stupefy!" he only blocked it.

Spells flew back and forth between us, each only barely blocking them each time.

"Flipendo!" I screamed, finally hitting the man, his body going flying across the room and hitting the wall, slumping to the ground.

"Nice one!" someone commented, and I held my wand out as they stepped from the shadow.

"Felix," I greeted, pointing my wand at him. His was raised right back at me as he looked from Dolohov to me again.

"I'm not going to attack you Black," he told me.

"Isn't that what Death Eaters do?" I asked him, tightening my grip on the wand. "Attack the good guys."

"Are you really one of the good guys?" he asked me.

"Are you really one of the bad guys?" I returned the question.

With a quick look around him, Rosier lowered his wand slightly. "Go. Get to the boy."