Chapter Eleven - Sleepless Night

Word Count: 2,677.

Warning: None.

Mere moment after Peeves had made his snide comments, Professor Dumbledore began ushering any students he could find towards the Great Hall.

"Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black." Peeves spoke again and I felt my throat tighten.

The only way that Peeves would know that is if he had physically seen Sirius Black. He may be a trickster, but Peeves never lied. Sirius Black was in Hogwarts.

My happiness was drained again, any hint of a smile had faded from my face. Teenagers shoved and pushed around us as the teachers directed us through the halls. I let them.

Why was he in Hogwarts? Was he here to kill someone? Who turned him in? Maybe Black was after them. Was it Lupin?

"I don't know." I muttered, feeling my breath quicken.

"Lyra," a soothing voice spoke as a hand touched my shoulder. I was panting now, my chest closing in on itself. It was like the air was trying to leave my body.

"I don't know." I repeated, my feet moving on their own, following the suffocating crowd.

"Lyra breathe. Its okay. Breathe." Mattheo comforted, moving his hand into mine and squeezing firmly, "deep breaths Black, it's going to be okay."

I wanted to believe him, and in part, I did, but although my breathing had calmed and the crowd no longer seemed as suffocating, there was only one sentence on my mind. Sirius Black is in Hogwarts, and I have no idea why.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told us as Professor McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to a tall, red-headed Gryffindor, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the Hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edge of the Hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.

The Hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school what had just happened.

"Lights out in ten minutes!" the same red-haired Gryffindor shouted over the crowd, the entire hall delving back into chatter once he was done.

"Black! Riddle!" a voice other than the Head Boy spoke.

My hand still in Mattheo's, I turned my head to find Theo quickly making his way towards me. Pansy, Blaise and Draco followed him. He pushed past students, parting the crowd towards us and the other Slytherins.

I dropped my grip on Riddle's hand as Nott engulfed me into a hug, I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, his grip equally as tight around my waist.

"Are you ok?" he asked, "he didn't get to you, did he?"

I buried my face in his neck, feeling my eyes sting. "No, he didn't." I put simply.

Theo pulled back from the hug bringing his hand up to my face, a palm on either cheek. He studied my head, scanning his eyes worriedly over my entire self. He sighed in relief, pulling me back to his chest.