Chapter Seven - Dolores Umbridge

Word Count: 3,120.

Warnings: None. 

Walking the path to Platform 9 3/4's was something that had always made me happy. In Third Year, I was going back to Hogwarts with my uncle as our new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher. Last year, I was walking back into school with my dad free from Azkaban. Both different, but both happy in their own way.

Although, walking back into Hogwarts this year didn't feel like that. Walking into Hogwarts was an escape from whatever was going on in my life but not this time. This time it felt empty. Like escaping to this school wouldn't change a thing.

I walked alongside Harry as we shuffled through the station. Mad-Eye Moody walked on one side along with Tonks and Harry stood to my left.

"It's going to be okay Potter. He can't get to you in Hogwarts," I told him, trying to reassure the boy but quite frankly, I was trying to reassure myself more than anyone.

"I know. I'm just scared to see what Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we have this year," he lied.

I laughed lightly. "It can't be worse than last year."

"It can't be better than Third Year either."

I shook my head. "Nothing can."

"Lyra." Tonks turned my attention to her. She had stopped walking and beckoned me over.

I gave Harry a quick nod before walking over to my cousin. She looked nervous as well.

"What's up?" I asked her.

She looked around her. "I have something for you."

I knit my eyebrows together. "What for?"

Taking something out of her pocket, Tonks handed me a brown package, tied with a piece of string. I went to open it.

Tonks placed a hand over mine, stopping my movements. "Only open it when you're alone," she told me.

I shook my head in confusion. "I don't get it. What is this?" I asked her again.

She sighed, biting her lip. "Something your father and uncle don't want you to know."

I titled my head at her tone. "What wouldn't they want me to know?"

Tonks sucked in a breath, looking over my shoulder. I followed her gaze, finding Mad-Eye Moody looking at the two of us. He adverted his gaze when he noticed me.

My cousin pulled on my arm, turning my gaze back to her. "I need you to know that they don't know the answers either."

"Answers to what?"

"Lyra!" someone shouted, and my head turned quickly.

Draco and Mattheo were quickly making their way over to me. Lucius and Narcissa stood a couple of paces behind them, both looking rigid. Adaline didn't seem to be there.

When I turned back to Tonks, she had begun walking away. As had Moody. Beside them walked a large black dog, trotting along the station.

Potter approached my right. "Was that my dad?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, wanted to tell me some stuff about my parents."

I scoffed. "I'm going to kill him. He can't be outside of the house. He'll get caught."

"That's exactly what he said."

"How's my favorite cousin?" Draco asked, approaching behind us.

We turned to him. watching as the blonde and Riddle made it to us.