Chapter Fourteen - Quidditch

Word Count: 2,076.

Warnings: None.

Unknown POV

"Did you give her the ring?" his voice croaked from the chair. The voice was small, only taking up a small part of the furniture they found themselves settled in.

Behind the chair stood a scrawny man, his hair reaching just below his shoulders, but unlike the blonde-haired man, who also stood in the room, this man's hair was unruly and uncared for. The scrawny man's hands twitched constantly, as did his mouth.

"Yes, my lord. She suspects it was her father." Barty Crouch Jr spoke up, his tongue leaving his mouth for a moment, the gesture looking like a hissing snake.

"Very good." The small man's voice commanded the room. I stood away from them, not engaging in the conversation.

"My Lord, may I?" The scrawny man behind him spoke, "what is the importance of the girl if we have Potter?"

"You have no idea her power Wormtail. Although her magic is not as powerful as Potter's, her power lies elsewhere. She will become my most important ally, following in her family's footsteps, as he father should have." Voldemort explained, his voice becoming harder to hear the longer he spoke.

"She is not on the dark side my Lord." The blonde-haired man spoke.

"But she will be. Not for some time, but her fate will intervene with what she wants. There is no fighting it, for any of them."

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

I applied concealer to the scar on the side of my face. It had become irritated and now the entirety of it was surrounded by a red rash. This happened often. The scar had never healed for some obscure reason, and because of that, I got this rash every now and again. Today was the wrong day.

"Applying make-up to it will only make the rash worse." Pansy suggested, placing her hands on my shoulders, resting her head on the edge of it.

I sighed, "I know, but just for today. I need to look normal."

"Lyra."

"This is the first time there will be a large group of people looking at me. it's not just our class anymore, and if I'm going to deal with their shit about my father, then I don't need to give them another reason to slag me," I threw the make-up container down, giving up on trying to cover it further.

"You never cared about that before."

"Yeah, well, now I do." She nodded, not pressing any further. Taking her hands from my shoulders, she turned away, picking something up from her bed.

"That's the first time you haven't called him by his name." she started. "You're actually calling him your father now."

"There's no use pretending he isn't." she opened her mouth to reply.

"Time to go bitches! I want to get good seats." Blaise shouted through the doors.

I grabbed my coat from my bed and without sparing Pansy a glance, opened the door the Blaise. Draco and Mattheo were stood behind him, silently conversing with each other.

"Where's Theo?" I asked, throwing the jacket around myself and leaving the room.

"He's helping to set up for the match, remember?" Draco asked.

"And why aren't you?" He held up his 'injured' arm. I scoffed.

"Ready to go Pansy?" Blaise asked, watching her leave our room. A smile was on her face, and she politely took Blaise's arm. They walked down the stairs.