Chapter Twenty-Six - Confessions

Word Count: 3,326. 

Warnings: None.

"Oh thank Merlin you're alright," Draco told Riddle as we entered Hogwarts after Christmas.

He took the boy beside me into a tight hug, surprising the both of us. Mattheo hesitated but was quick to return the embrace.

"You don't hug me like that," I commented, directing it towards Draco.

"I thought you were dead somewhere after You-Know-Who dragged you into that room," he continued, keeping a hand on the Slytherin boy's shoulder.

"Lucky for me, I remembered where Grimmauld Place was." Riddle nodded towards me.

Draco then turned his gaze to me, rushing forward and as he had with Mattheo, engulfing me into a tight hug. I returned it without hesitation, wrapping my arms tightly around to tops of his shoulders.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked him. "I don't usually get all of these hugs."

He sighed, pulling away from me. "It was a shit Christmas," he told me.

I sighed in return. "How's Cissy?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Mum is okay. She kept to her room for most of the holiday. She fought with my father before I got home, but how was your Christmas? Other than this guy showing up on your doorstep." He deflected the attention.

"It was... interesting," I replied.

Draco's eyebrows furrowed. "How so?"

Taking a quick look around me, I made sure that the hallway we were in was clear before continuing. "My mother is alive," I told him.

Malfoy's eyes widened. "What?!"

I shushed him, noticing a group of Hufflepuffs passing by us. They turned to watch the three of us for a moment before continuing on through the school.

"She showed up in my house. Alive," I told him with a smile. "And it's her. It's my mother."

Draco shook his head in disbelief. "Where has she been?" he asked me.

"She said that she's been in a dungeon. Voldemort faked her death," I relayed the information she had told us.

"Why would he do that?" he asked.

"Beats me."

He nodded slowly. "Are we sure it's her? I mean Lyra, I'm not trying to upset you or anything, but are we sure that it's your mother? Look what happened last year with Crouch."

I sighed. "I know, but it's her Draco, I just know it. There's this feeling that..." I paused. "I can't describe it. I just know."

Draco smiled. "Well then if you believe her, so do I."

"Alright, enough of this," Riddle spoke up, taking my hand and beginning to pull me further down the hallway towards the Common Room. "Draco, Lyra's mother is alive, and it is all well and good. My father tried to kill me, but I ran off and have not gone back since and I had the best Christmas ever with the girl I am completely in love with," he paused, bringing my hand up to his mouth and kissing my knuckles softly before dropping both of our arms and swinging them. "And now we are back at Hogwarts so let's not talk of terrors of this world."

"Lyra?" Draco asked, poking his head past Mattheo and looking at me. "Why is he so... this?"

I shook my head, finding his attitude odd as well. "I have no idea."

Riddle let go of my hand, walking forward a couple of paces before stopping and turning to face us. "I'm done letting the shit that happens outside this school into it and therefore, I will enjoy my education."