Chapter Six - Meet the Parents

Word Count: 3,598. 

Warnings: None.

For the first time, leaving Malfoy Manor was something that I didn't dread. Although my interactions with Lucius would make my stay sometimes miserable, I never wanted to leave Narcissa and Draco in that house.

Despite those feelings running through my mind on the Sunday evening, they didn't match the fear festering its way around my heart. Voldemort was a man. A simple man, but the fear he enacted in me was something I couldn't shake.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Narcissa asked as she led me to the front door. Mattheo was stuck at my side.

I shook my head. "Lucius would kill you. You know how he is."

She nodded her head in understanding. Her fingers brushed across my neck, where the bruise had formed. "You're lucky I was able to heal that otherwise your father would have a meltdown."

"Yes, he definitely would."

Cissy sighed. "Are you sure you don't want to tell them about this?"

I hesitated. After thinking it through for the entirety of a sleepless night, I decided that it was best that Moony and Dad didn't know about Voldemort being there. It would only worry them and they had enough to worry about. In other words, I didn't trust the Order enough to tell them that Voldemort was trying to recruit me.

"I'm sure Cissy," I told her.

She nodded, taking a deep breath. My aunt quickly took me into a hug, embracing me tightly. I retuned the hug, burying my head in her shoulder.

"You tell me if anything happens, okay?" she asked me.

I nodded into her neck. "I will."

When she pulled away, Riddle tapped me on the shoulder. He pointed to his watch. I nodded, turning back to Cissy.

"Is Draco coming?" I asked her.

Narcissa sighed. "He's with him."

My throat tightened, nodding. "Wish him luck for me then."

Turning to Mattheo, I made for the door, stepping outside. Narcissa followed us outside, clasping her hands tightly together.

"Ready?" Riddle asked.

I took one last look at Malfoy Manor and for the first time in my life, I never wanted to come back to this place – Then my eyes landed on Narcissa. She stood nervously in the doorway, face showing a strained smile – but how could I never come back here?

I nodded to Riddle, taking his hand in mine. The world around me disappeared in a gust of black smoke, feet lifting off the ground for a second only to land back onto solid concrete.

Grimmauld Place appeared in front of me, the street quiet. Leaves fluttered onto the ground, landing by my feet. I kicked them with my foot.

"So, which one is yours?" Mattheo asked.

I turned to him. "You can't see it without the spell."

He perked a brown. "That's fancy."

I started forward, making for the spot in between Number 11 and 13. A lone postbox stood at the intersection of the two houses. I opened it.

"How do you do that by the way?" I asked the Slytherin.

"Do what?" He leaned himself against my suitcase, watching me with a small smile.