83

After eating at noon, Li Changfeng went to the field to look at the crops. Although he said that the weather this year would not look like last year's, but as a farmer, he was not at ease if he didn't go to the ground for a day.

    After Xu Qing fell asleep, he took out the quilt covers and clothes at home and washed them. The weather was fine today. After Xu Qing finished drying the clothes, he looked at the sky, thinking that it would take about an hour for Li Changfeng to return from the ground. Xu Qing shook his hand and entered the kitchen.

    When Xu Qing was hunting hogweed in Houshan yesterday, he found a good thing, jelly grass.

    Jelly is an important medicinal and edible plant resource. The whole plant contains polysaccharides, which have the functions of relieving summer heat, clearing heat, cooling blood and detoxifying. Folks often use its stems to boil with water, and then add thin starch to make frozen (commonly known as "jelly") for consumption, which is an excellent food for relieving summer heat and quenching thirst.

    After Xu Qing washed the rice that had been soaked last night several times, he put it in a pot and went to the stone mill next to the well to grind the rice into rice slurry. No matter what he did to nourish his body, he was stronger than the average person's body. It wasn't that Li Changfeng thought he was a "weak" brother.

    The weather was hot, Xu Qing finished grinding the rice milk, his back was wet with sweat, and after washing his face, Xu Qing took the rice milk into the kitchen, put it in the wooden tub, soaked the jelly in clean water, and put it down after washing. Boil the jelly grass in a pot with water until soft.     When the weather is hot, what Xu Qing dislikes the most is to set fires, which is simply torture! Especially at this time, there were no fans or air conditioners, so Xu Qing had no choice but to take a palm fan to heat up.     After the jelly grass was cooked, Xu Qing kept the juice in the pot and took out the jelly grass in the pot. When taking it out, Xu Qing also deliberately got the jelly-like substance on the grass into the pot. In the juice, take the water for the second time.     After taking out the jelly grass, put it aside and let it cool, then put it in the water and rub it out, rub out all its essence, the juice that it has not been boiled will flow out, the gelatinous substance on the jelly grass is the essence, and then the jelly Grass can be thrown away.

    Then Xu Qing mixed the second water with the reserved juice in the previous pot and poured them together. Then use the slag separator bag made by Li Changfeng to isolate the slag in the juice. At the end of the bag, there will be slag left. The remaining slag is useless. Xu Qing thought about pouring it out to the pig later.

    When the juice was put into the pot and boiled, Xu Qing kept stirring with a wooden spoon in his hands to prevent the pot from sticking to the bottom.

    To make jelly, there is another very important thing, that is sticky rice flour. When Xu Qing was young, his aunt who brought them to life said: "sticky rice flour is a powder made from the seeds (rice) of the graminaceous plant. , also known as rice flour or indica rice flour, is the raw material of many kinds of food, is the lowest glutinous variety of all kinds of rice, and has the irreplaceable role of glutinous rice flour."

    At that time, Xu Qing also secretly used it to eat it. Mix the rice noodles with water, pour them into the pot when the juice in the pot is almost cooked, and continue to stir continuously.

    It didn't take long for big bubbles to appear on the surface of the juice. Xu Qing removed the bubbles and stopped when no bubbles appeared in the pot.

    Just when Xu Qing scooped up the juice in the pot and poured it into the basin, he heard the awake group in the room starting to "babble", "Tsk, this kid is quite good at picking time." Xu Qing smiled, put the basin on the table, washed his hands and face, then entered the room and picked up Tuan Tuan who was already on the bed with his little fat legs.