142/PART TWO

When Zak woke up, he saw Rachel asleep in a chair. He looked around wondering what was going on and why his fingers felt numb. "Hey Zak" Rachel said coming over. "What's going on why are my fingers numb?" Zak asked. "It's the nerve block they gave you. You were in so much pain the doctors were afraid of overdosing you, so they blocked your nerves instead and the numb fingers is a side effect" Rachel explained. "Rachel what's wrong with me why are all my nerves firing on all cylinders?"Zak asked scared. "The rods they put in your back when you had the accident are breaking. They need to replace them or you're going to be paralyzed" she replied.

Tears fell down his face. "Have you gotten a hold of mom"Zak inquired. "Yeah, she's on her way Zak this isn't a death sentence just stay calm". "I'm having the same feelings when they told me I could spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair the first time" he said as tears fell down his face. "Zak if you can get out of that situation you know you can do it again"she said wiping the tears away. "If they do fix me maybe we can do the same routine we did last time" Zak suggested as Rachel smiled. "I love you Zak all the guys are here for you too". "Thanks". Back at the hotel Rachel was taking a shower when a knock came to the door. "Be right there" she called out putting on a robe. Rachel opened the door to see her mother. "How's Zak?". "He's scared and I can understand since it's like dejavu for him"Rachel replied.

"Aaron told me Zak needs to have the rods in his back replaced". "Yeah, they're breaking the surgery is scheduled for tomorrow". "Well, I'm transferring him to the hospital in Las Vegas who did his surgery the first time" she replied which shocked Rachel. "Mom transferring Zak is suicide if those rods break Zak will be paralyzed" Rachel warned her mother. "Honey they're just saying that so they can do the surgery here"she replied. "Are you sure you want to gamble your son's life on it" Rachel remarked. "Rachel why are acting like this?".

"I made a vow to Zak when he had cancer that I'd be there for him until one of us dies. I've kept that vow mom. Maybe that's why the bond we have as twins is strong" she said. "I never knew how much you took on when Zak had Leukemia". "So, you understand that we can't move Zak" she stated. "All right we won't move your brother". The next day they were getting Zak ready for his surgery. As Zak waited in his room Rachel came in. "How are you feeling?". "Nervous what if that rod breaks before they can get into me, and I can't-". "Don't say that Zak but, when you can go home, we're going to do the same thing we did when this happened the first time, but this time you're going to have three helpers and I have them right here"Rachel remarked.

She brought out her pad and showed the boys on face time. "Uncie Zak" Matthew stated. "Hey uncle Zak we have your room all set up for you" Patrick said showing him which made Zak smile. "And Gracie will be here too"Johnny added. "Thank you, guys" Zak stated. "We'll see you soon" they all said waving good-bye. "We're ready for you Zak". "Do you mind if I walk next to the bed with him?"Rachel inquired. "Sure" and they left. Zak held her hand as memories of what they did for each other as kids and adults came flooding back into their minds. When they got to the door Rachel kissed Zak and stood there as they took Zak in. In the waiting room Rachel and her mother were sitting there as the guys came in with drinks and something to eat.

They gave them hugs as they sat down. As the time passed Rachel went outside to get some air. Dad if you can hear him don't paralyze Zak just get him through this. A cab pulled up and Chris got out. "Christopher what are you doing here" hugging him. "I thought you could use some support, so my mom is watching the kids" Chris remarked. They went in and went up to the room. "Hey Chris"Aaron stated. "Christopher how nice to see you" Nancy remarked kissing him as the doctor came in. "It was touch and go but I think we made it in time". "Will Zak walk again?" Billy inquired. "With therapy I think he will" the doctor replied and left as everyone hugged each other. When Zak woke up, he saw his mother. "Mom". "Hey baby how are you feeling?". "Like I ran a marathon" Zak replied. "Well, the surgery went well and with some therapy you'll be able to walk". Zak smiled at his mother as he fell back to sleep.