144

Zak is walking back and forth in his office as Aaron comes into the room.  "Why the pacing Zak?" as Zak sat down.  "I'm going to tell my mom my secret but I'm worried about how she'll react to it" Zak replied.  "That you're gay" Aaron said.  "Yeah, I need to do this I feel like I'm living a lie and it's giving me such a knot in my stomach when she asks me questions about my love life".  "It's going to be all right Zak but if she takes it the wrong way call me all right"Aaron stated. 

"Thanks".  That night Zak invited his mom over hoping his mother doesn't take the news the wrong way.  A knock came to the door.  "Here goes nothing"Zak muttered and answered the door.  "Zak how are you?"his mother asked giving him a kiss.  "It's nice to see you too mom" as he took her coat. 

"So, Zak what did you need to tell me?"she asked sitting down.  Zak felt the knot in his stomach tighten but he took a couple of deep breath and sat down.  "Mom, there's something I've been hiding from you and dad.  I just wish I could of told you this together" he remarked. 

"Did you finally find someone to settle down with.  When can I meet her?"she asked with a smile.  "It's not that mom" he said.  "Then what Zak?".  Zak took a deep breath.  "I'm gay mom"Zak remarked.  His mother got up.  "I don't believe this I've seen you with women Zak".  "I did that because the network doesn't want me to come out, they threaten to fire me if I came out".  "Does your crew know?".  "Yes, they kind of figured it out and Jay's cousin is helping me with my lawsuit against the company" Zak replied.

"What about Nick does he know?" she inquired.  "Mom I dated Nick during the time we did Ghost Adventures.  He left to keep me on the show.  He also suing them for hostile work environment and discrimination," Zak replied.  His mother said nothing as she stood there looking at her son.  "Mom say something anything".   Without saying a word, she left living Zak heart broken.  The next morning Aaron was at the haunting museum when Zak's mom walked in.  "Nancy, Zak isn't here" he stated. 

"Aaron, can I talk to you in private?"she asked.  "Sure" and they went to the ball room and sat down.  "What the matter?".  "I have to know is what Zak told me true that he's gay".  "Yes, he told me himself look Nancy Zak wanted to come out to you and your husband, but he was scared he'd lose everything he has including Ghost Adventures" Aaron remarked.  "And the lawsuit?".  "He is suing the company Zak wants to come out no matter what the consequences are, and I think he needs your support for this" Aaron replied.  

At Zak's house he was sitting outside thinking when his mother came in.  "Mom what are you doing here?" standing up.  "Sit down Zak," she stated.  He sat down as his mother sat next to him.  "I wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I acted last night just hearing that kind of took me by surprise, but after talking to Aaron I understand why you kept this secret for so long and why you need to come out so if you need support, I'll be there for you" and gave her son a hug as they both teared up.  "Thanks mom"he replied