149

Zak was doing some work at the haunted museum when a knock came to the door.  He got up and at the door was Criss.  "Christopher what are you doing here?"he asked.  "I'm doing this for Johnny in a few days he's going to be ringing the bell for being cancer free and he wants you there" Chris replied.   "Just tell me when and what time I'll be there"Zak stated.  "I'll give you a call" and Chris left.  That afternoon Zak was driving around when he went past a store.  He parked and got out.  He went in the store and looked around when something caught his eye.  "Can I help you with something?".

"Yea I saw this in your window, and I was wondering if you etch something on it".  "And what is that?".  Zak told her as she smiled.  "We'll have it done in a few days".  Zak gave her his number and left.  When it came time for the bell ring Rachel arrived at the place with the kids and Chris when they saw Zak there with a gift in his lap.  "This is a first I'm always first to show up" Rachel remarked giving Zak a hug. 

"Uncle Zak you came"Patrick remarked.  "I wouldn't miss it"Zak said as Johnny and Matthew came over.  "Me lose tooth"Matthew said showing his uncle.  "Good Matthew, hey Johnny" giving him a high-five.  "Thank you for coming Zak"he remarked.  "I'm honored too, and I have something for you that I'll give you later" and they went in. 

When it came for Johnny to ring the bell Zak took a video.  Everyone went crazy and congratulated Johnny.  When they got to the restaurant Zak asked to talk to Johnny by himself.  "We'll be inside" and they went over to a bench. 

"All right buddy I want to tell you something that only my family knows.  Today was the same day I ran the bell when I was giving the all clear when I had my second bout" Zak said.  "Really?"Johnny stated surprised.  "Yeah, so I had this made for you and me".  He opened the gift, and it was a plaque with the date and year that both of them became cancer free.  Tears fell down Johnny's face.  "What if it comes back?".  "We'll cross that bridge if does but I want to tell you that I'll be there for you if it does"Zak promised.  Johnny gave Zak a hug and thanked him again for the plaque.  "Come on let's go inside" and they went in.

The next day Zak was working on a few things when a knock came to the door.  He went to the door and saw it's his sister.  "Rachel what are you doing here?".  "I wanted to talk to you for a minute" as she came in.  "About what?".  "That plaque you gave Johnny Chris thought it was wonderful and so did the rest of Chris's family" she remarked.  "I've kind of grown fond of Johnny even thou he's not my nephew by blood I still consider him one" Zak stated. 

"I'm glad Zak and I heard you made him a promise that if the cancer does makes a third return, you'd be there for him".  "Like you were there for me when I had my second bout.  I sometimes wonder if I didn't hide the fact, I had cancer the second time would what happen happen" Zak wondered.  "Well, when they make a time machine we'll see" and gave her brother a kiss and left