136

Zak and his nephews are spending the day together.  "Thanks for doing this Zak"Rachel stated.  "You've got your hands full with three kids it's the least I can do"Zak replied.  "Zak, do you think you could including Johnny today".  "I don't mind" Zak remarked.  Matthew and Patrick came running down the stairs and rammed right into Zak knocking him down.  "STRIKE!"Rachel called out as they all laughed.  Then Johnny came out of his room and just watched everyone.  "Johnny why don't you come down and go out with Matthew and Patrick's uncle today" Rachel suggested.  

"We're going bowling"Zak said.  Johnny said nothing and went back to his room.  "That's strange for Johnny".  "Yeah" Patrick stated.  "I need a drink of water"Zak remarked.  When he went over to the sink he noticed a pill bottle Zak looked at it and something hit him.  Come on Zak you have to take this so you can get better than you can have ice cream.  "Zak you allright?"Rachel asked as Zak shook his head. "Rachel, does Johnny have cancer?".  "Yeah, the same kind you had; come to think of it Johnny is the same age you were when you were diagnosed" she replied. 

Johnny was playing with his toys when a knock came to the door.  "Come in" he said.  "Hey Johnny" Zak remarked coming in.  "What do you want?".  "Well, I want to invite you to go bowling with me, Matthew, and Patrick"Zak stated.  "You're doing it because stepmommy told you to" Johnny replied.  "Johnny, did my sister ever tell you when I was your age, I got sick too" Zak remarked.  "You had cancer" as Zak sat on the bed with him. 

"The same kind you have.  Rachel was my protector; she would help my parents when I would get sick from the chemo.  She would hold my hand when they would put an I V in me, and she would stay in my room just in case something happened that I couldn't get my mommy and daddy.  When she came home from school, she would tell me about her day and how she won at dodge ball in gym" Zak remarked as Johnny smiled."You OK now?" Johnny inquired. 

"Yeah, but like you it came back again when I got older. It got me so bad I had to go into the hospital".  "What happened?" Johnny inquired looking at Zak.  "Well Rachel gave me something that restarted my body so I could fight the cancer again and it's been working" Zak replied.  A few minutes went by, and Zak and Johnny came down. "Everyone ready to bowl?"Zak said.  Everyone cheered as they put on their coat Rachel pulled Zak aside. 

"How did you get Johnny to come with you guys?".  "I told him about my struggle with cancer and what you did for me".  "Come on Uncle Zak!!" Patrick called out.  "Me bowelie stike" Matthew said.  Rachel gave her brother a kiss and they all left.