176

Rachel was working on some stuff at her home when Johnny and Patrick came in calling out for her.  She comes down as the kids were happy. "What's up guys why the big smiles".  "Johnny and I got picked to play our instruments in the school's recital in a few days" Patrick remarked as they jumped up and down.  "That's great guys I can't wait to see it and film it for your Uncle Zak" she replied as Johnny went upstairs.  "Uncle Zak's not going to be there"Patrick said with a sad tone in his voice. "He's in California with the guys, filming".  

Patrick went upstairs and closed the door as Rachel stood there confused.  When Chris came home, she told him the good news about the boys.  "I'm going to be there even if I have to cancel the show" Chris remarked.  The phone rang, and Chris picked it up.  "Hello, oh hi Zak having fun? Yea Rachel right next to me" and handed the phone to her.  "Hey Zak, how's filming?".  "We are getting evidence like nothing.  I got a call from Patrick telling me he's going to be in a recital with Johnny" he stated.  "Yeah, but when I told I'd tape it for you he seemed down about it".  "Rachel, do you remember grandma teaching me piano when I had cancer"Zak inquired. 

"Yeah, she used it to keep your mind off what you were going through and from throwing up" she remarked as Zak chuckled.  "Well, I've been helping Patrick with learning how to play piano for a while now" Zak stated.  "Seriously?".  "Patrick wanted to learn how to play but had a hard time reading the music sheet because of the Dyslexia, so I decided to help him and found someone who's been helping him when I'm busy with Ghost Adventures or the museum" he replied.  

"I never knew this Zak," she stated ready to cry.  "I was even teaching him the song grandma taught me that I played at her funeral" Zak said.  "Zak, I wish you told me all this," she stated.   "I'll make sure I get the best footage possible".  "Thanks" and Zak hung up as Billy came in.  "You look ready to cry Zak".  "Well, I've been helping Patrick learn how to play the piano and he's having a recital in a few days, but I won't be there for it since we're filming" Zak stated wiping the tears from his face. 

"I think your grandma wants you there.  Our last location was cancelled it seems the owner has Covid".  Zak smiled at the news and decided not to call back Rachel but to surprise them.  When it came time for the recital Zak found out where it was from his mother and drove there.  At the auditorium Patrick was waiting in the back while watching Johnny play. "Well, you're up next sweetie" Rachel stated straighten his tie.  "I wish Uncle Zak was here he taught me this song"he replied ready to cry.  "He told me, he wishes he could be here baby, but Chris and I have our phone and we'll make sure he sees this".  

As Johnny was finishing Zak came in and saw Chris.  He walked down and put his hand on Chris's shoulder.  Chris turned as Zak sat down.  "Zak, I thought you were filming".  "Let's just say my grandmother intervened so I could see this" as Chris smiled.  As Johnny was coming to the back Patrick was sitting there.  "That was great Johnny" Rachel said giving him a kiss.  "Thank you and guess who I saw in the audience?". 

"Who?" Patrick inquired.  "Let's just say your wish has come true" Johnny stated smiling.  "Next up playing the piano one of our best students Patrick Bagans".  When Patrick came out, he saw his uncle which made him smile.  "Johnny, who did you see it seem to of perked up Patrick".  "Zak's here he's sitting with my dad" Johnny replied.  Patrick started to play, and it brought Zak back to when his grandmother taught him that song. 

Zak had tears falling down his face as Patrick played.  After he was done everyone stood up while clapping and cheering for Patrick.  When the recital was over everyone went outside.  Rachel came out with the boys and was happy to see Zak.  "Zak, I thought you were filming, don't tell me you let the guys do one without you"she remarked as Zak laughed.  "Let's just say grandma wanted me here and I'm glad I made it"Zak replied wiping his eyes. 

"Uncle Zak!" Patrick yelled running over to him.  Zak gave him a hug.  "You did great Patrick".  "I don't understand how you got here?".  "It seems someone wanted me here that our next assignment was cancelled which meant I could see you play" Zak remarked. "Well both of your guys were great, so let's go home before grandmom goes nuts with Matthew and Aurora" Chris suggested.  "Want to join us Uncle Zak?" Patrick inquired.  "Sure, why not" Zak stated.  As they started walking to the cars Zak turned around and saw his grandmother as she blew a kiss to him.  "Come on Zak"Rachel called out.  Zak smiled and left.