122

For a few months Zak has fallen for a woman who works at his museum, but she doesn't seem interested in Zak or anyone who gives her attention.  While she is closing up for the night Zak walks up to her.  "Marla, can I talk to you for a moment?" he asked.  "Zak, I've told a thousand times I don't date my bosses or anyone I work with"she replied.  "It's not that I just wanted to tell you what a good job you're doing here but I wish you'd take me up on going out with me?". 

"I'm sorry Zak I can't I'll see you later" and left leaving Zak heart broking.  A few weeks passed and Aaron goes to pick up his fiancée at work.  When he pulled in Aaron saw Marla walk out of the medical building as a doctor walked up to her.  She gave him a hug then got into her car and left.  At the museum Zak was going over a few things when Aaron came in.  "I thought you'd be enjoying your day with Amber?"Zak inquired.

"It's what I saw you may like to hear when I picked up Amber, I saw Marla walking out of the medical building, but a doctor walked up to her she gave him a hug than left.  Maybe the reason she won't go out with you is because she's seeing someone" Aaron suggested.  "I was thinking that myself" Zak said.  "You really liked her".  "Yeah, excuse me" and Zak left.  Downstairs Marla was finishing up a tour when Aaron walked up to her. 

"Sam, can you finish the tour I got to talk to Marla for a second".  After the tour left Marla asked what's going on.  "It's Zak he really has a crush on you but his heart broking that you didn't give him a reason".  "Aaron, I told him why"Marla said.  "I don't think that's the reason Marla whatever you're hiding from my friend you need to tell him whether you're married, seeing someone, or you're gay just give Zak some closure before he gets his heart broking"Aaron stated and left.

That night Zak was finishing up a few things when Aaron walked over and told him Marla wanted to talk to him in the ballroom.  Zak went down to see Marla sitting there.  "You look better in that than I did"Zak said.  "I wanted to tell you the truth about something that's hard for me to tell people even men I've love"she replied.  "What's that Marla?" Zak asked.  Marla pulled up her pant leg to reveal a prosthetic leg.  "You have a fake leg" Zak stated. 

"Yeah, I've had it since I lost my leg in a car accident that killed my parents.  People would make fun of me calling me name like peg leg.  When I got older, I met this guy who I worked with I fell for him but, when I asked him out, he said he wouldn't go out with me because of my leg calling me a freak and having sex with me would make him sick to point where he'd throw up" as Marla wiped the tears from her face.  "That must have been horrible".  

"That wasn't the end of it he told everyone about my fake leg saying I was damaged good and he'd only date me to pit me.  I couldn't take it, so I left right before I walked up to that guy and hit him so hard, I knocked out a few of his teeth".  "If I was you, I'd probably do the same thing" Zak stated.  "Since that day I've been afraid to date thinking that he may have been right about me".  Zak knelt down infront of her. 

"Marla, I don't care that you have a prosthetic leg I'd date you if you were in a wheelchair.  Don't let the past destroy your future"Zak remarked as he got up.  Marla got up and smiled at Zak.  "Zak, if you still want to take me out, I'd like that" she replied.  "Come on I know a great place to eat" and they left.