142/PART ONE

Zak and the guys were doing an investigation when Zak sat down.  "Something wrong Zak,".  As Zak started to mumble under his breath while rubbing his back. "Back bothering you?"Aaron inquired.  "Yeah, like little lightning bolts are going off in my back".  "We're finished here why don't you go back to the hotel and relax"Aaron suggested.  Zak agreed and left as the guys came over.  "Where's Zak going?".  "To the hotel his back's bothering him"Aaron remarked. 

The next day Zak was getting dressed when a knock came to the door.  Zak opened it up and saw Billy.  "You ready to go".  "Yeah".  As Zak reached for his watch pain went through his body like lightning bolts knocking Zak to the floor.  "Zak what's wrong?".  "My back the pain is like lightning bolts" Zak replied as he started breath heavily.  "I'm calling an ambulance just relax" as Zak's nails digged into his palm. 

At the house Rachel was doing some laundry when her phone rang.  "Hello Aaron, what's going on.  Are you serious I'll get on the first plane out there" and hung up as Chris came downstairs.  "Rachel what's wrong?" when he saw her face.  "It's Zak he was reaching for his watch when pain hit him like lightning bolts that it knocked him to floor".  "Is it his back again?"Chris inquired. "I don't know I have to fly out there"she replied.  When Rachel finally got there Zak was in his room asleep.  "Rachel over here" seeing Aaron and the gang.  "Where's the doctor?".  "The nurse went to get him I hope Zak doesn't need spinal surgery again"Jay replied.  Then the doctor came over and introduced himself as he sat down with them.  "What's wrong with my brother?".  "I got his medical records sent over.  He was in a serious car accident a few years ago".  

"Yeah, it was scary they thought Zak would be paralyzed until they fixed his back.  Why" Rachel said.  "Zak is going to need another surgery the rods that they put in are breaking causing the nerves to shoot like lightning bolts through Zak's body".  "What would happen if those rods break?" Aaron asked.  "Zak will be paralyzed for the rest of his life"the doctor stated.  "Thanks doc" and he left. "Don't worry Rachel he's not going to end up in a wheelchair" Aaron assured her hugging her as she started to cry.