Exercising - Your Worst Enemy.

chapter 4 😈

i'm eating some mouth-watering honey nut cheerios rn. these mfs making me see the light ☠️

(edited as of 7.25.22)

Warning : Swearing

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Before reaching the top of the mountain, you had been full of determination. You would be lying if you said you weren't the least bit nervous, though.

Once Urokodaki parted ways with the two of you, and stranded the both of you at the top of the mountain, you were fighting to catch your breath.

You were bent over, resting your hands on your knees as you started to complain, "FUCK THIS! WHY.." You took another deep breath, "WHY THE HELL— STUPID RUNNING, STUPID EXERCISE, STUPID MOUNTAIN!!

Tanjirou stared at you with beady eyes as you continued, "WHY THE HELL IS THE— IS THE AIR UP HERE SO THIN ANYWAYS?!"

As Tanjirou listened in on your complaints, he couldn't help but realize that what was coming out of your mouth was definitely not Japanese. If he weren't mistaken, he'd heard you yell out in the language before.

He placed a hand on your shoulder after he caught his own breath, making slowly turn your head to face his. His piercing yet soft crimson eyes gazed into yours, "(Y/N), we can do this! We just gotta work together, okay?"

You took another deep breath before breathlessly responding, "Yea- Yeah.. let me catch my breath— breath first.."

Once you had caught your breath, you both started to descend the mountain. Luckily for the two of you, Tanjirou's sense of smell was actually pretty helpful.

Well.. at least in some cases.

Out of nowhere, Tanjirou yelled out in an attempt to warn you, "(Y/N)!! Look out, there's a tripwire in front of you!!" You hadn't heard him properly, so you turned your head to face him, "HUUUUHH?? WHAT'D YOU SAY— ACK!!"

Before you knew it, a log had rammed into your stomach, which caused you to fly backwards. You felt the wind get knocked out of your lungs as you skidded across the dirt ground.

You could've avoided it at the last second, had you heard him, but your ears had other plans for you.

You groaned as you slowly sat up, rubbing your head and stomach to soothe the pain. You mumbled under your breath in a fit of annoyance, "Goddammit.. stupid log.. stupid ears.."

Tanjirou jogged over to your side, before offering a hand out to you with furrowed brows, "A-Are you okay (Y/N)?!" After a few moments, you grasped his hand as he pulled you up.

You exasperatedly sighed, "I'll be okay once we reach the bottom of this godforsaken mountain.."

God, you swore Urokodaki was trying to kill you.

The amount of times you and Tanjirou had gotten hit by a trap was too many to count. Each time you did so, the more scratches and bruises littered your bodies.

The entire day seemed to go by slower than ever as you each fought to get to the bottom. Once you did so, the sun had begun to set in the distance, causing a palette of warm colors to be painted in the sky.

It was as if an angel chorus sung in your head as you each finally caught sight of the cabin.

You comically started to cry happy tears, as you weakly pumped a fist in the air, managing to squeak out, "We.. we did it! Finalllyyy—!"