Zombie

AAHHH TYSM FOR 16K READS AND 1000+ VOTESS <33
IM GONNA SOB ILY ALL SM WBAOFHAOFNSOFN

also, this chapter marks the 50th in the story !
halfway to 100 baby>:)

(edited as of 4.24.24)

WARNING : Swearing

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Sweat clung to your body—dripping down your every part; every crevice.

You were so hot. So hot, yet so cold.

Your throat was hoarse—aching and dry as if it were a desert itself.

A low groan escaped your cracked lips as you slowly regained your consciousness.

As you slowly regained your life.

You reluctantly cracked your eyes open, owlishly blinking away the crust that lingered in the corner of your eyelid.

You deeply inhaled, almost suffocating upon realizing you'd sucked in a sheet that lay atop of you.

Your breath hitched as you started to choke, swatting the cotton white sheet away as you regained your own composure.

Cold air kissed your skin in return, washing away the stuffy feeling that just plagued you seconds prior.

Where was your dad? Where the hell were you? Were you alive?

Your mind was reeling, desperately trying to cling onto and process the past—everything from the Mugen Train, all the way to now.

Your breath hitched once more, though it wasn't caused by the sheet.

You had died.

"Wh—" You cleared your throat, wincing. God, you needed some water.

"What.. the hell?" You mumbled, your brows pinching together—your dry, cracked lips drawn into a thin line.

Using the remainder of what little strength you had, you gradually sat yourself upright, clenching your jaw in concentration.

Everything was sore. Your muscles ached and cried for rest—your eyelids still somewhat heavy.

You scanned your surroundings, quickly realizing that you were in the Butterfly Estate. However, you were in a secluded room.

It was bare of furniture, except for the five wooden stools that were crowded in the corner of the room.

Had.. people visited? How long were you out for?

With a grimace, you turned your attention down to your abdomen, where bloodied bandages wrapped themselves around.

You winced. The bandages were practically stained red entirely.

Trembling, you reached down to caress the wound, quickly pulling away as you felt derived of pain.

Your stomach wound had closed entirely. It were as if it never existed in the first place. As if Akaza—

You lightly gasped, your senses of fear coming back to you all at once; fully taking in the events that occurred.

Why were you alive? You took your final breaths in the company of Eli, Tanjirou and Inosuke.

You had met with your father in the afterlife.

So what the hell was going on?

Voices rung out from outside your room's door, snapping your attention away from your thoughts momentarily.