Haganezuka Throws A Tantrum

Surprissseee!!
Double Update!

WARNING: Swearing

(edited as of 3/21/24)

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Weeks had passed since you and Tanjirou forged forwards on a path of pure torture—of beginning your training for Total Concentration Breathing Constant.

Unable to sleep, you sat atop the butterfly estate, reveling in the peacefulness beneath the flickering stars. You inhaled, the lingering scent of rain filling your nostrils.

Easiness washed over you, your eyes fluttering shut as you focused on your breaths.

Though, you couldn't help your mind from wandering—it were as if your thoughts were in a constant state of activity.

'Damn.. I'm actually getting the hand of this! For once, I'm not falling behind..'

You tilted your head upwards, opening your airway.

'Breathe slowly. Deeply. Let the air encircle my body.'

You weren't one to mediate—you were far too hyper to do so. However, it seemed this time was an exception.

'Meditation increases your concentration level, I think? I'm pretty sure Dad said that.. but, I don't really remember.'

You exhaled deeply, your cool breath weighing heavy. It ever so slightly fogged in the air due to the chilliness.

One way or another, you had pictured Haganezuka giving you your sword. You weren't sure how your mind had wandered that far, but a sense of guilt rang in your chest.

'God. I feel like a fool. He went through all the work of making me a sword, and it just.. never changed. No wonder why the guy hates me.'

'I'd hate myself, too.'

With the self-deprecating distractions of your mind, you quickly lost the rhythm of your breaths. You choked, sharply inhaling.

'Shit, focus! Focus on your damn breaths!'

"Hello there!", A familiar voice chirped, breaking you out of the cages your mind had locked you in. You snapped your eyes open in an instant, flinching.

Startled, you turned to the feminine voice, surprise washing over you as you came face to face with Shinobu. You blinked, unable to form words as you stared.

"You're trying hard out here. Even though your friends are resting right now..."

You swallowed, finally gaining control of your thoughts, "Oh— ah, hi, Shinobu. I couldn't sleep. You almost made me pee my pants, haha.."

In turn, Shinobu chuckled, sitting down next to you, "I can see that! I apologize. Though, I can't help but wonder, are you lonely by yourself? Being here alone, and all?"

Taking a moment to ponder, your expression softened, "Sometimes. But, even though Tanjirou and I are doing this by ourselves, it motivates me when thinking about how I can teach everybody else."

She smiled, nodding, "You have a kind soul, (Y/N)."

'Do I, really?'