Room Arrest

come get ur scraps😈
also new cover for this story cuz i got bored 🤭

* pls read a/n! , small poll at the end! *

WARNING : Swearing

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

It had been a slow, grueling week and a half since Sōta woke up, and throughout it, you hadn't been able to see him once.

Not even that - you hadn't even been able to leave your room, either. Once more, you were on "room arrest." As much as it irked you, giving that you were extremely impatient, you couldn't sneak out again.

You had already snuck out of your room multiple times, and you didn't want to dig yourself a deeper hole. Even if you did feel stupid enough to sneak out,  both Shinobu and Aoi thought ahead - and placed a kakushi to keep watch outside your door.

Yes, it was extreme, but it wasn't just any old kakushi - it was Akio, one of the first people to see you alive after the Mugen Train. Also, the one who watched you spiral after you woke up.

Other than the occasional visit from Kanao, Zenitsu, and of course, Aoi; she was your primary caretaker, even though you were already feeling much better. The only person who you talked to, (more like bothered), was Akio.

You would open your door every time you got bored, forcing him to interact with your persevering self - even if it took him a while to reply. After you broke his exterior shell, though, he was somewhat of an interesting person.

He would be right outside your door, 9:00 A.M., on the dot. With the exceptions of breaks scattered throughout the day, he was there up until 9:00 P.M.

You watched the hands of the clock slowly tick, creeping closer to the number '9'. Clicking your tongue at the beat of the hands, you stood up out of bed, roughly making it, before walking to the door.

Tick.

You tapped your foot impatiently, whispering to Hoshi, who had made her way to her usual resting place: your shoulder, "Almost nine..!"

Tock.

You peeped at the clock as the short hand struck the nine. With that, you slammed the door open, before plopping down on the ground in a criss-crossed position.

You closed your eyes, showcasing a smirk for Akio to see, "Guess what time it is! Bet you missed me, didn't you?! I sure missed you!"

Countless moments of silence ensued the atmosphere.

You hummed, cracking an eye open to try and see Akio. Only, you were met with an empty presence. You blinked, "Wha-? Akio?"

You scooted into the middle of the hallway. You looked left, raised a brow, then looked right.

Emptiness.

Hoshi squeaked on your shoulder, causing you to stand up and place your hands on your hips. You puffed out your cheeks, "Man.. I was so looking forward to teaching him tic-tac-toe, too!"

You stepped backwards, leaning on the wall next to your door - tapping your feet impatiently once more. You crossed your arms, stepping back into the middle of the hallway once more.