Not-So Sleeping Beauty

chapter 90! 10 more to go!

note - thank you ALL for the continuous love and support on this story, even throughout my hiatus. i love each and every one of you!!

slowly, I've been working on new chapters, as my motivation is finally rising again !!

WARNING: Swearing

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

Upon catching sight of the familiar boar head - the one he wasn't currently wearing, you immediately let out a sigh of relief.

You merely watched as Inosuke tortured Zenitsu, shaking his shoulders vigorously, "I'M HUNGRY! I'M HUNGRY! GET ME SOMETHING TO EAT, UNDERLING!"

Zenitsu swatted him away as if he were a pest, "I'M NOT YOUR UNDERLING, FREAK! STOP CALLING ME THAT! YOU'RE DERANGED!!"

Your voice arose, despite the current chaos, "INOSUKE..!!" The boy, who had his boar head off, turned to you as he perked up. His emerald eyes immediately lit up once processing who you were, "HAH—? ..(M/N)!!"

A wide smile unconsciously grew on your features, "You're- oh my god!!" You hustled over to him, immediately enveloping him within a hug, "You.. really woke up!"

Zenitsu immediately let out a sigh of relief, "(Y/N)-chan.. you're a hero..!" Sōta mimicked Zenitsu's actions as well, "Thank god.."

A light tint of pink arose on his cheeks, before he pulled back, "Of course, I did!! What did you truly expect from the King of The Mountains?!"

You playfully rolled your eyes, sitting down at the foot of Zenitsu's bed, "Well, sue me for worrying about you! Especially what happened with.."

You trailed off, unwillingly reminiscing about what had happened at the Red Light District. Your heart clenched as you remembered the feeling as if it were yesterday — the cracks in your throat, the blood that spilt from your body, as you placed all of your weight on Gyutaro.

Everyone had seemed to pick up on your abrupt mood change. Nonetheless, you dismissively shook your head, offering Inosuke a smile, "I'm.. just relieved that you're okay."

You teasingly punched Inosuke's arm, "You can thank me later! What would you have done without my warning, eh?"

Inosuke crossed his arms, his cheeks puffing out, "Haah?! Excuse me, (M/N)!! Lord Inosuke would've kicked demon ass, either way!"

He then gazed down at the bandages surrounding his chest, before picking at them, "Somebody get these weird straps off me!! Also, I'm hungry!"

Zenitsu twitched his eye, "ARE YOU AN ALIEN, OR SOMETHING?! DON'T PICK AT YOUR BANDAGES, YOU MORON!! GET YOUR GRUBBY, LITTLE FINGERS AWAY FROM THOSE!!"

He then exasperatedly sighed, before banging his head into his pillow, "I'm getting Aoi-chan. Please excuse me." With that, he shot upright from his criss-crossed position from his bed, before bounding back into the hallway, "AOI-CHAAAN!"

Inosuke quirked a brow, "Hah? What's pissboy's problem?!" Sōta rolled his eyes, sarcastically stating, "Oh, wow. I wonder who."

As Inosuke and Sōta began to bicker, you averted your eyes over to Tanjirou, allowing yourself to inwardly think, 'If Inosuke woke up today.. this means Tanjirou will wake up exactly next week.'