Déjà Vu

managed to squeeze in a chapter thru all the end of the school year chaos, whoop whoop !!

again, sorry for the inconsistent updates ..
getting a lil burnt out from the end of the year exams and stuff 😭

WARNING: Swearing , Violence , Blood

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

It was a complete standoff. A tense one, at that.

As Tanjirou and Daki held intense eye contact, Eli cleared his throat, "Ahem.. why don't we uh.. raincheck this battle.. heh.."

You deadpanned at your chocolate hair friend's remark, before turning back to Tanjirou. It wasn't before long, that he and Daki launched toward eachother.

"Water Breathing, Fourth Form, Striking Tide : Turbulent!"

Tanjirou one upped the original style, Striking Tide, with ease. He increased the quantity of consecutive strikes and slashes along with improving its accuracy.

Dakis obi and Tanjirous water attack clashed in the sky. It was as if it was about to storm.

You let out a yell of alarm, "Tanjirou—!" You bit your lip, before inevitably maintaining a fighting stance. You inhaled deeply, before exhaling with force.

Eli noticed that you were about to join the fight, so of course with his competitive nature, he beat you to it. He snickered, "Hah! I'll join the fight first, slowpoke!"

He pushed off with his legs, propelling himself in the air at an immense speed. He then called out, "Firework Breathing, Third Form, Crossette!"

Eli swiped quickly at the obi, followed by swiftly making a similar swing, releasing an 'X' of lethal sparks, which then merely grazed the obi.

You scoffed, before yelling up to him, "Is that a challenge!? You know what, you're on! If I win.." You released all of your weight into your legs, before pushing off the roof with all your strength.

You raised your sword, preparing to perform a technique with a small smirk on your features, "Then you'll have to do anything I say!!" You then let out a yell, "Water Breathing, Tenth Form, Constant Flux!"

The only thing was, because you too long, the three had already landed on the ground, and both Tanjirou and Eli were successful in freeing Koinatsu in her singular obi section.

So you went for the next best thing.
Going for Daki herself.

You changed your course right to Daki, who stood a few feet below you. Wind rushed by your face, causing your (h/c) hair to be thrown in every direction imaginable. As you neared her, you called out, "Eat my dragon, bitch!"

Daki snapped her head towards you, before side stepping your attack. She let out a sarcastic chuckle, "What are you talking about, hm? I don't see any dragon!" She cracked her knuckles, giving you a sadistic yet toothy smile, "This is gonna be easy."

You blinked owlishly, "Eh?" You turned to face your sword, only to find that nothing was happening. The more you thought about it, the more you realized..

..you hadn't felt the similar tinge of strength.

Hell, you didn't feel anything different whatsoever.