You're Not Schizophrenic, Are You?

went mountain biking recently and my legs r COVERED in scratches and bruises, #pro...

also also also — 7k likes?? and almost 170k reads?? ilysm mwah mwah mwahhh

WARNING : Swearing

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

As you fled from your companions and towards solitude, you felt a wave of guilt overcome you as you anger fully died down.

You hit your head with your fists, "I'm so stupid! So stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did I take it out on them!? It's not their fault!"

It soon hit you — that was probably the angriest you'd ever felt since.. almost forever. The only time you could recall being that angry, was when your mom had died — it was when you were at your lowest point imaginable.

You slid against a tree that was a good distance away from the building you resided in, before wrapping your arms around your legs.

You let out a deep, heavy sigh as tears pricked your eyes once more — why were you so angry? You hadn't even gotten this angry when you found out your brother had turned into a demon — you were full of grief, instead.

Was it the fact that Muzan acted so smug? While he showcased Akari's body as if it were a trophy?
Or, was it the fact you were completely helpless against him? You couldn't manage to do anything in that situation despite it being your very own dream.

You unconsciously muttered beneath your breath, "Akari.. what really happened? What aren't you telling me?" As if it were on cue, her voice rang out in front of you, "Are you sure you want to know?"

You jumped, you eyes widened, "HOLY SHIT—!" You then settled down as you locked eyes with Akari's wispy figure, "You have got to stop scaring me like that."

You then let out a sarcastic sigh, "I came here to be alone.. and y'know.. wallow in my self-pity and guilt. You get it." She merely shrugged in return, "Eh, not really."

You eyed her with a tinge of sadness within your eyes, causing her to pipe up, "So, you know now, don't you? I mean.. you knew before, from Shinobu.. but now you know."

You let a beat of silence pass before you replied, "..Yeah, I do." Akari let out a brief sigh, "I'm sorry. That you.. had to go through that. That wasn't fair."

"..It's not your fault, Akari."

"I know."

You pressed your lips together, before reluctantly questioning her, "Why did he do that to you? Why did he.." You swallowed to keep your composure, "Why would he do that..?"

Akari simply smiled, her eyes diverting to the grass that laid beneath her, "It's simple — he's a monster." You lightly widened your eyes, your gaze softening.

You then looked down to your knees, tightening your envelop around your legs, "Yeah, that's for sure." You blinked, "But.. what happened? How did you really die?"

Akari's smile faltered, her transparent body tensing up. She crossed her arms as she shifted to a more comfortable seated position, "I'll spare you the details of my past for now, but.. long story short.."