Truths Revealed

THANK U ALL SM FOR 5.5K READS !!AABEJAODNSKFBWKN

WARNING : Swearing, Blood

(edited as of 3.3.24)

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Silence consumed the room—so much so, that it would be possible to hear a pin drop. Despite that, you could feel your heart beat through your ears.

You were scared, terrified even. Would your friends, who you cared so much for, come to despise you? For all the lies you'd kept hidden beneath the surface?

Your lips parted as you struggled to project your words—anything that would be able to explain yourself.

"We're going to talk about it. All of us," You declared, hoping to at least stall a bit of time to gather your thoughts.

By involving Eli and Sōta, that way, you'd avoid having to explain the entirety of your situation twice.

After a few seconds of processing, Tanjirou nodded his head with affirmation, his lips curling into a soft, reassuring smile, "Sure, if that's what you're comfortable with."

You offered a ghost of a smile in return, thankful for Tanjirou's empathy.

Even with your lingering panic and uncertainty, he seemed to lessen the impact.

Abruptly, you pointed a finger out, ensuring to warn the three, "And.. er— hey! Listen to me, before I talk.. I don't want to make this.. um.. sad and awkward, okay?!"

Inosuke deadpanned, his tone blunt, "You just finished crying a few seconds ago. It's already awkward—hey!" Tanjirou dug his elbow into Inosuke's side, hissing, "Be quiet!"

"You're so— god, Inosuke! What's wrong with you!? Read the damn room!", Zenitsu smacked Inosuke upright on the head, bellowing out.

You cleared your throat, dismissively waving him off, trying to cover up your embarrassment, "N-No I didn't!"

You then took in the trio bickering in front of you, releasing a sense of normalcy. This time, your lips subconsciously curled upwards into a slight smile.

"Pfft.. it's okay."

You inwardly thanked Inosuke for easing the tension that lingered within the room. With his stupidity, he was able to lighten the mood at least a bit.

Your gaze subconsciously trailed to Nezuko, to where you saw her pouting with her arms crossed. You hadn't mentioned that she would be coming—you completely forgot.

"O-Oh shit! You too, Nezuko! I forgot, oh my god! I'm so sorry!!", You widened your eyes, spluttering out.

With that, Nezuko's expression softened, and she made her way into her wooden box.

As you reached for the box to carry, your hand grazed with familiar calloused ones. You blinked, turning to Tanjirou.

"I can carry her, Tanjirou! Don't worry."

He offered a shake of his head, his expression seeming softer and more understanding than before, "It's okay, I've got it."

"Wh— no! Really, just let me! It's the least I could do," You pressed, hoping that, despite his stubbornness, he'd give in.