Traitor

okay sooo
i know i said i was gonna take a short break for this week buttt

i caved because i was too excited to write this chapter..

whoops!

(edited as of 4.19.24)

WARNING : Swearing , Blood , Violence

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

You were frozen.

Unable to move a single muscle; you couldn't even bring yourself to blink.

What were you supposed to think of this? Your brother—he was in front of you. It had been years since you'd last seen him, and now.. he—

He was a demon. An Upper Moon, at that.

Your breaths picked up in pace, growing irregular as you choked out a sob. "(B-B/N)..?! What— What's going on?! How are you— you're..?!"

You couldn't form any words—you were blubbering and confused.

"Don't act so surprised," (B/N) rolled his eyes, slowly making his way toward you and Akaza. "You saw me in that dream— or, well.. nightmare, I suppose."

The Butterfly Estate.

Where he had told you: you had come too late.

By the looks of things, his words seemed to be proven true.

"That— you.. you were actually in that dream..?" You spluttered, eyes wide. Your breath hitched as you recalled every detail; the dream still haunted you.

"What do you think you're doing here, Upper Moon Zero?!" Akaza furiously hissed, glaring at your brother. "This is my goddamn assignment, not yours!"

"Ah, well— you see," (B/N) slyly smirked. "I heard my sister would be here; I couldn't contain myself. I wanted to help you bring her back to Muzan!"

"What a perfect family reunion, wouldn't you think so?" He added.

"(B/N)— stop.. stop joking around! This isn't f-funny, this isn't funny at all..!" You choked out, shaking your head in disbelief.

"I will not repeat myself twice. Let the girl go, or I won't hesitate to attack," Rengoku boomed, breaking the tense atmosphere.

"Hah! What's your name? Kyojuro, was it?" (B/N) scoffed. "You're kidding, right? You do realize you're in the presence of two upper moons? Or.. perhaps you're truly idiotic?"

Soon, Inosuke and Eli appeared from the train, joining Tanjirou's side. "Hey! Is everybody okay?! We heard an explosion, so we came to see if everything was—"

He paused, his breath hitching at the sight of (B/N). "—alright.."

He lowered his blade to his side, his expression contorting into one of pure shock. "Holy shit— (B/N)..? Is that.. really..?"

Eli's gaze then trailed over to you—catching sight of your hysterical expression—just before locking onto Akaza who restrained you. "..(Y/N)..?"

Inosuke immediately drew his jagged dual blades, roaring angrily, "What do you think you're doing with (M/N)?!" He quickly pushed off his heel, rushing forward.

"INOSUKE, NO—!!" You screamed.

But it was too late.

With a mere snap of his fingers, time slowed down drastically—everything had turned into slow motion. Aside from (B/N), who walked forward with complete ease.