Inosuke Goes Through Puberty

guess who's back !

anywaaayyss.. teensy.. tiny.. update for u guys.. guess who's staying positive?!
covid positive !!

that's right !! yours truly !!
before anyone asks, yes i'm okay ! just feeling a little bit under the weather !

WARNING : Swearing

           ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The sun had soon risen, starting the first day of the infiltrations.

The tension was high in the Tokito house, especially between Tanjirou and Eli. To sum it up, Eli was acting overly petty, still being somewhat pissed of having to leave you behind.

As he and Tanjirou folded clothes, they both sat in an uncomfortable silence. After a few minutes, Tanjirou spoke up, "..Hugh-"

Before Tanjirou could make out a full sentence, he got interrupted by a nearby coworker, "Sumiko, Haruko, could you carry some of that over? We don't really have enough helpers.."

Eli quickly glanced up from folding his clothes, before pointing to Tanjirou, "Tanj- er, Sumiko can do it. I'm busy folding clothes, sorry." Tanjirou shot Eli a somewhat hurt look, before standing up and patting himself off.

He then looked back at the woman, switching his mood entirely, "I understand! Koinatsu-Oiran's room, right? I will carry it over!!"

The woman smiled in return, "You work really hard, Sumiko! When we took your makeup off, we found your scar, so the hostess was boiling hotter than a raging fire yesterday, but.." Tanjirou spoke up once more, "Yes!! I will glad to be of work!"

Tanjirou began to pick up the boxes that needed to be carried, before pressing his lips into a thin line. As he did so, a hand unexpectedly entered his sight, causing Tanjirou to snap his head to the mystery person.

He slightly widened his eyes, "Hug- Haruko?" Eli placed the boxes in his arms, beginning to balance them one by one, like he was playing tetris. He then began to walk down a hallway, before calling out to Tanjirou, "Where's Koinatsu-Oiran's room again??" Tanjirou jogged up to Eli, boxes in hand, "Follow me!"

The two walked in silence, side by side. It wasn't before long that Eli stopped in his tracks. Tanjirou noticed this, turning around to face the brown haired boy.

Eli bit his lip, before looking anywhere but at Tanjirou, "S.."

Tanjirou sweatdropped, his eyes turning beady, "S??"

Eli looked up at the ceiling, "Sor.." He exhaled, before quickly rambling out, "I'm sorry." Tanjirou blinked owlishly, "E-Eh?"

Eli exhaled exasperatedly, "Do I need to say it again..? I'm uh.. I'm sorry. You know, for being a bit of a.." He scratched the back of his head with his free hand, "Bit of a petty bitch.."

Tanjirou blinked, "No, no.. I heard you the first time.. but I just didn't process it.." He then smiled, "It's okay! I understand why you acted somewhat petty in the first place!"

Eli started to walk again across from Tanjirou, and as they did so, Tanjirou spoke once more, "I don't blame you, actually. I didn't wanna leave her behind either." Eli raised a brow, "Bro, what? You were the one to tell her to stay!"

Tanjirou slightly frowned, "I know, I know. It's just.. I don't want her to.." He sighed, smiling out of embarassment, "It sounds stupid. Now that I think about it, it sounds super stupid!"

Eli nudged him with his elbow, "Come on, spit it out."

Tanjirou looked at his feet while he walked, "It's for a few reasons.. I mean, one of them is that I don't want her to get hurt. The last mission we were both on.. she died in my arms.."