No Ifs, Ands, Or Buts

hii !!

i'm so excited to start writing the swordsmith village arc within the next couple of chapters !! i just couldn't wait any longer !!

WARNING : Swearing

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

Over the course of the following week, prior to Tanjirou's awakening, everyone apart from you mostly relaxed. Especially Tanjirou and Inosuke, considering they were on the road to recovery.

At some point, Inosuke had fully recovered, and soon after, he was already being brought back onto missions. Meanwhile, you couldn't help but feel confused.

As Tanjirou sat up within his bed across from you, you began to complain, "Tanjirou, I'm so confused!! I was the second person to wake up.. yet everyone got sent out on missions before me!"

Tanjirou hummed as he pet a content Hoshi within his lap, "Well, surely there must be some reason for that.. I mean, why would they not give you missions?"

You groaned, yanking the roots of your hair, "WAAGHH!! I DON'T KNOW!! IT'S KILLING ME, TANJIROU!!" You let out a sigh, scratching your cheek, "I mean, not that I don't mind staying here.. it's just.. I should've been one of the first people to get a mission!"

You got up from your sitting position on your bed, before pacing the room anxiously, "Did I.. do something wrong? I don't think I did.. I've only been training.."

You then locked eyes with Tanjirou, "Oh my god—! You don't think they're still mad at me for sneaking out, right? To the Red Light District? Aoi said she forgave me..!!"

Tanjirou let out a light chuckle, "I'm sure that's not the reason!" He then smiled, raising his brows teasingly, "What, do you want to be away from me that badly?"

You let out a scoff, before making your way towards him with a laugh, "Oh, that's definitely the reason, Tanjirou. You have cooties, anyways!" You sat down on his bed next to him, before he pulled you in for gentle kiss.

You pulled away, winking at him with a smirk, "So.. post-coma Tanjirou is smooth. Did you dream about how to be slick, or something?" You let out a laugh nudging him, "Seriously! Where did this smoothness come from?!"

Tanjirou laughed along with you, before his smile slightly faltered, "Actually.. speaking of dreams, I've been meaning to talk to you about something.. if you don't mind listening.."

You perked up — highly aware of what specific dream he would explain, "Yeah, of course! What, you really think I'd say no? I'm not that cruel Tanjirou, am I?!"

He waved his hands frantically, "Wh- NO! Of course not! I just wanted to.." You interrupted him, smiling, "I'll tell you the same thing I told Eli when you each were asleep.. I want to lean on you, as for you to lean on me. Let's lean on each other, 'kay?"

Tanjirou slightly widened his eyes, before softening them once more, "I'd.. love that." He took a deep breath, continuing, "While I was asleep.. I had this dream."

You softened your eyes as he went on, "I.. don't know who they were. There were these two people, you see. One of them was tall, with a crimson ponytail.. but, he had the same hanafuda earrings as me."