Bitter Goodbyes

aaannddd i'm back !!
thank u all for the bday wishes !! :)

since it's been so long and i desperately wanted to write, i'm starting to write this chapter at exactly 3:33am on a school night 💀

my poor sleep schedule..

updates should be slowly getting back to normal!

(edited as of 4.19.24)

WARNING : Swearing , Blood , Violence

           ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

You fought to keep yourself standing upright, letting your sword fall to the ground in order to keep your grasp on Akaza.

"LET GO OF ME!!" Akaza roared, pulling his arm against your grasp.

"LIKE HELL, I WILL! YOU'RE DYING RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!" You yelled back, completely furious.

Biting the inside of your cheek, you drew blood. Swishing the irony, crimson liquid around in your mouth, you then spat directly into the upper moon's face.

Rengoku soon rushed forwards toward Akaza, attempting to slash through his neck as he clasped his sword tightly. Not long after, the three boys joined.

Akaza frantically looked back to the setting moon, which was replaced with a rising sun in the East. He panickedly turned back to you, tugging on his arm as he screamed.

Swinging his sword back at full force, Rengoku slashed the sword into Akaza's neck—though, it wouldn't go fully through.

When Inosuke moved to slice Akaza, he had missed his neck entirely—slicing Akaza's arm instead of his nape.

Your one and only advantage—gone within a second. You would've sworn, though you were way too exhausted.

Akaza successfully freed himself, scrambling away from the area—reconvening next to your brother.

Unable to continue to fight, you swayed, not even bothering holding yourself up any longer—it was as if you were being dragged down by invisible weights.

You hadn't pictured the mission ending this way—no, not one bit.

You face planted into the ground, your body falling limp under your weight. You released a whimper, your adrenaline now wearing off.

God—you were going to die.

"Ah— I guess she's dying after all. Spares me some of the effort. Though, I wish I could've been the one to end her," (B/N) called, crossing his arms.

His gaze flickered between the Sun, and Akaza. "That's our cue, Akaza," He declared.

"Come back here, you fucking coward!!" Eli boomed, stumbling to his feet.

Before they each disappeared for good, (B/N) turned back, offering a smirk. "Maybe one day, I'll be able to kill the rest of you vermin. That is—if you survive long enough."

The two demons sprinted into the forest, to which Eli and Tanjirou temporarily pursued. Shifting his weight, Tanjirou whipped his blade into the blindness of the canopy.

"DON'T RUN AWAY, YOU COWARDS!! DON'T YOU DARE RUN AWAY!!" Tanjirou stomped, overcome with fury. Tears streamed down his dirtied, bloodied cheeks.