Into The Village

hope you're all as excited as i am for this arc ;)

i'd love to thank each and every one of you for this story reaching 140k+ reads!! never have i EVER thought it would get this popular and well-loved !! <3

WARNING : Swearing

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

As an additional two weeks went by since Eli's awakening, you'd overworked yourself to the bone — you wanted to be prepared for the oncoming arc, after all.

However, you forced yourself to take a brief break for both your physical and mental well-being, and was currently watching Eli and Tanjirou get stretched out by the triplets.

You stifled a laugh as Eli neared the verge of tears, "OH MY GOD!! SINCE WHEN DID THE STRETCHES HURT THIS MUCH?!" Both you and Tanjirou glimpsed at each other, before you snickered, "Since your dumbass was bed bound for two and a half months!"

Tanjirou cracked a teasing smile, "She's right! Your body just needs adjusting.." As Kiyo let go of Eli, allowing him to rest, he shot Tanjirou a glare, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, TABASCO?! YOU WOKE UP A WEEK BEFORE ME!! YOU'RE NOT ALL THAT!"

Tanjirou sweat dropped as he awkwardly scratched his cheek, "Well— yeah, I guess..! But.. I'm not complaining as much as you are!" You scoffed, instigating their feud, "Eli! I would not take that if I were you!"

Tanjirou widened his eyes, locking at you shockingly, "EH? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!? I DIDN'T MEAN IT THAT WAY—!" Eli launched to his feet, shoving Tanjirou back where he once laid, "Oh, really? Why don't you have your turn, now? How does that sound!"

As Tanjirou stumbled in front of the triplets, he sighed, "Well.. if you say so." He then offered the triplets a small smile, "Please take care of me! Thank you!"

They all nodded simultaneously, before laying him down and stretching him into unimaginable positions. Eli pointed at him, an irk mark evident on his forehead, "YEAH, HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT, TABASCO?!"

Tanjirou groaned with a strained voice, "Nghhh! This sucks! I can't stretch flat out!" You cracked a smile, pumping your fists up and down enthusiastically, "You got this, Tanjirou! Yay!"

Eli crossed his arms, shooting you a hostile glare, "Hey, where the hell was my encouragement?! This is total bullshit, you know that!?" You scoffed, "Well, last time I checked, you weren't my boyfriend!"

Eli teasingly rolled his eyes, "Okay, yeah.. but still! I'm your best friend! I need encouragement too!" You stuck your tongue out playfully, "Nah, I don't feel like it! Sorry, not sorry!"

Tanjirou began to sweat, feigning ignorance to your bickers, "Yeah.. my stamina is not coming back.." He then perked up, smiling, "Oh, I know!! Did I get a new sword while I was sleeping? I chipped my old one."

Eli scoffed, "You damaged your sword.. again?! Are you serious?!" You let out a sigh, "Tanjirou, Haganezuka is going to kill you!! He'll murder you as soon as he sets his eyes on you!"

Sumi sweat dropped, furrowing her brows, "Oh! Haha.. your sword..? Well..!" Kiyo chimed in, sheepishly smiling, "Haganezuka-san sent a couple letters. W-Would you like to see them..?"

The triplets led the three of you to a nearby table, before sitting you down. As Naho and Sumi began to dig in on some rice crackers, Kiyo showcased the letter to Tanjirou.