Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite!

(M/L/N) = Mispronounced last name

(edited as of 4.6.24)

WARNING : Swearing , Violence

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

While walking into the train's cars, you were greeted with the traveler's hushed chatter, as well as a faint scent of coal.

Taking your first few steps into the car, you couldn't help but feel anxiety gnawing at your very core—it was futile to rid yourself of it, it seemed.

Though, before you could get into your head too much, a familiar scream—that couldn't be too far down, reverberated through your ears.

"WHOAAA, WE'RE IN ITS BELLY!! IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE FIGHT!!"

Immediately, you recognized Inosuke's gravelly yell. Contrasted to your expectance, the passengers around you flinched in response to it.

"Well.. that's one way to find your friends," You murmured to yourself, before making your way toward the sound of his voice.

"Excuse me, sorry, coming through! Just.. just looking for my dumbass friends, sorry," You called, as you shimmied your way through the crowded rows.

Eventually, you caught sight of your companions.

"Hey, did I miss anything?" You questioned as you jogged over, stopping just beside Eli.

In return, you watched as he crossed his arms, sending a judgmental look to Inosuke, who was causing a ruckus.

"Nice of you to finally join us," He sarcastically teased. "Nothing, really. Well—other than this dumbass boar bothering everyone. Oh— We're looking for the pillar, too."

"Yeah, speaking of that.. do any of you know what he looks like? I mean—what the hell are we looking for?" Zenitsu questioned, turning to the rest of the group.

"Yeah! (Y/N), Hugh and I saw him at our trial," Tanjirou started. "He's a guy with really flashy hair. Plus, I remember his smell!"

Subconsciously, your shoulders somewhat tensed. You couldn't help it, really—everytime the Flame Hashira was brought up, all you could think of was his impending doom.

What made matters worse, was that it seemed almost impossible to think of a logical plan on what to do—as well as taking the enemy into account.

You were dying to tell somebody—anybody, really. Anybody other than Eli.

You needed to. But you knew you couldn't.

You had to be wary of a possible butterfly effect. You couldn't just change the past. It was a tragedy waiting to happen.

And so, you were stuck. Completely on your own.

"Wha— You remember his smell? Are you— god, are you a stalker, or something?" Sōta exclaimed, stifling his laughter.

"H-Huh? No! I just have a strong sense of smell, I swear!" Tanjirou spluttered, flailing his hands in a desperate panic.

"I'm pretty sure he's like.. part-dog," Eli teased, raising his brows as a smirk grew on his lips.

Tanjirou widened his eyes further, "What?! NO—!"

"TASTY!" A booming voice intercepted, which echoed within the train's cars.

You each flinched in return as the voice reverberated through your very bones themselves.

Turning your head toward the sound of the voice, you blinked. "Well, on the bright side... at least we found him easily, right?"