Trouble In Paradise

(for this chapter,
Standard - English
Bold - Japanese)

WARNING : Swearing , Mentions of Suicide , Blood , Homicide

>:)

           ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

You weren't necessarily sure what had happened.

Your entire body felt heavy; it was suffocating, and seemed as if it were full of lead. On top of that, your head pounded—reverberating through your ears.

With a low groan, you blinked, your cheek pressed against your forearm as you hunched over on a school desk.

You instantly shut your eyes once more, far too groggy and disoriented to fully awaken.

Suddenly, a loud slam sounded from beside you, immediately jolting you awake. "(Y/N), wake up! What do you think you're doing, sleeping in class?!"

Frantically tucking your tousled hair behind your ear, you swallowed—your throat dry and scratchy.

Oh—that was right. You were in school. How could you have been so careless?

Your teacher, Mr. Pascoti, loomed over you, his arms crossed as he disapprovingly shook his head. "Explain yourself."

You frantically blinked, stunned. "Wh— no, I wasn't sleeping!" You spluttered.

A brief pause of silence ensued the room entirely—you could feel your classmate's stares boring into the side of your head.

"What did you just say? That— was that English?" Mr. Pascoti blinked, his brows pinched together with confusion.

Confusion ebbed through you; what the hell was he talking about? You knew Mr. Pascoti was weird, but you were sure you spoke English.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" You drawled, your brows slightly raising with shared confusion.

"You weren't just sleeping in my class, were you, (L/N)?" He sighed exasperatedly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No, she wasn't, sir! I was sitting behind her the whole time, she was telling me about how to solve the next equation," A familiar voice sounded from behind you.

You turned, locking eyes with familiar deep blues, accompanied by his soft, beige skin and chocolate tufts; Eli.

"Lopez, did I address you to answer?" Mr. Pascoti glared, clearly unimpressed by his lie.

Shrugging sheepishly, Eli continued, "No, but it doesn't even matter. You got your answer. Besides, I wouldn't even blame her, this class sucks ass."

Frantic whispers from your classmates broke out at Eli's sheer bluntness.

"Is that so? Huh. I see," Mr. Pascoti snipped. "Detention for you, Lopez."

You brought a fist to your lips, failing to stifle your laughter in time. You couldn't help it—seeing Eli getting completely shut down was entertaining.

"Is something funny, (L/N)? Then, you can explain the joke with a five page essay in detention, too."

"WHAT?" You blurted, your eyes widened with shock. "But— sir! That's so fucking—!"

Before you could even state your case, the school's bell rang throughout the classroom—to which everybody immediately packed up.

"Class dismissed," Mr. Pascoti snapped, turning to walk back to his desk.

Dejected and defeated, you blew out a long sigh, ignoring the ringing in your ears as you collected your stationery and bag.

Secretly flipping your teacher off, you stalked out of the classroom—your mood completely ruined. Eli soon joined your side, a sly smirk evident.