Lucky Is She

heyheyhey ! another chapter woo !

not related whatsoever to the story, but i got two kittens on Sunday! their names are binx and nova !

WARNING : Swearing , Blood , Violence

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

As the attention turned to you, your uncomfortable levels went straight through the roof. If you already felt shitty before, imagine how much more shittier you felt now.

You could feel your companion's eyes staring at your crying and exhausted figure. Hell, you couldn't even bring yourself to move.

But with all your emotions taking over you, the one emotion that you had felt the most was none other than embarrassed.

So, so embarrassed.

Even though everyone else had gotten even worse injuries than you, they're still standing, and ready to fight. You, on the other hand, was just sitting and crying, desperately trying to control yourself.

After a minute of silence, you spoke in a shaky voice, while you continued to sob, "...I c-can fight." You wiped your nose on your haori sleeve, before picking up your sword reluctantly.

Eli looked at you with furrowed brows, "Are you.. sure? You sure you're in a good condition to fight?" Sōta scolded Eli in response, "Don't talk to her like she's helpless, you idiot!"

Eli snapped his head to Sōta with an irk mark on his forehead, "I'm not, moron! She literally almost got choked out!"

You then hesitantly stood up as you rose to your feet, completely ignoring Sōta and Eli, "I'm s-sorry for getting distracted." You then locked eyes with your companions, your now red, puffy, and tear stained face on full display.

You bit your lip, before averting your gaze to both Uzui and Gyutaro. Your emotional state quickly turned into a panicked one as you saw Gyutaro approaching an unconscious Uzui.

Your heart rate quickened as you soon pieced the puzzle together. Uzui would soon be losing his arm, wouldn't he?

You slightly widened your eyes in a panic, before sparing your friends one last look, "..Good luck, you guys. Please, don't die." You then got a running start, before you jumped off of the rooftop, sword grasped in your bloodied and calloused palms.

You heard your friends call out to you as you did so, but you ignored them completely.

You had to remain focused, no matter what.

As you neared the two, you coated your blade in your blood yet again, before swinging it down on Gyutaro. He dodged just in time, before jumping backwards a few feet away from you.

As you kept eye contact with him, you nudged Uzui's
limp body with your foot, "C-C'mon! Wake your ass up.." You gritted your teeth, "Please!"

Gyutaro scowled, "Seriously, man? You again? So not cool." He gripped his scythes in his palms, "You're lucky I have to take you back alive. Now, get out of my way, before I make you."

Your narrowed your eyes, "Lucky..? You.. think I'm.. lucky..?" A moment of silence ensued, before you burst into laughter. Maybe it was because of your total disbelief, or the fact you were both mentally and physically exhausted.