Pathetic Attempt At Charades

last day of february break for me ..

now i'll have to wait until april for the next one!

*edited as of 7/1/23*

WARNING : Swearing

           ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The morning sun rays shone through the cracked window, leaving the room glow a dim yellow. In the distance, sounds of birds and cicadas echoed whilst Hoshi peacefully rested against the windowsill.

Everyone was enjoying a nice, quiet morning. Especially because they were granted the chance to relax in order to recover. Well — everyone except you and Eli.

An irk mark appeared on your forehead as you pointed an accusing finger his way, "WHY THE FUCK DO YOU PRONOUNCE PECAN AS PEE-CON?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?"

Eli clenched his fists as he defensively shouted back, "BECAUSE.. THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SAID?! WHO SAYS PEE-CAN?! THAT'S FUCKING WEIRD!"

You stood up from your bed, angrily pacing around the room, "ME.. WEIRD?! NUH UH! YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE BRITISH! NOBODY PRONOUNCES IT LIKE YOU, FREAK!"

Sōta snickered into his fist, before awkwardly scooting further away from Eli, "Ew, you pronounce pecan like that? Okay.. that sort of makes sense — considering you're moronic."

Eli hissed at his companion, "NOBODY ASKED YOU, SŌTA! THIS ARGUMENT BETWEEN ME AND ASSWIPE, OVER THERE!" You scoffed, "OH, I'M AN ASSWIPE? REALLY? I BET YOU PRONOUNCE TOMATO AS.. TAH-MAH-TOE!"

Eli crossed his arms, spitting at you, "OKAY, THERE'S NO WAY I'D EVER SAY THAT?! HOW LOW DO YOU THINK I AM?!" You rolled your eyes, "What do you think!?"

Tanjirou waved his hands out frantically, desperately attempting to defuse the feud, "Guys.. it doesn't matter how one pronounces a word! Let's just— I don't know, calm down?"

You slowly marched over to the crimson haired boy, your angered aura swirling around you, "Tanjirou.. how do you pronounce those words?" Tanjirou broke into a nervous sweat under your looming figure, "I— uh, well—! I pronounce it the same as you..?"

Eli rolled his eyes, gesturing his hands towards Tanjirou, "WELL OF COURSE HE SAYS THAT! YOU'RE HIS GIRLFRIEND, THATS BIASED! I CALL TOTAL BULLSHIT!!"

Your mood instantly flipped as you offered him a warm smile, "Okay, good!" You leaned in, pecking his cheek lovingly, "You scared me for a second there, Tanjirou! I wouldn't want you to be an utter freak like Eli!"

Zenitsu pointed to his cheek as he squirmed around in his bed, "(Y/N)-CHAN!! KISS ME TOO, KISS ME TOO!!" You angrily chucked a pillow in his direction, your mood flipping once more, "Say one more word, and I'll make you wish you were never born!"

Zenitsu cowered underneath your tone, immediately throwing his blankets over his head, "WAAH!! I'M SORRY!! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!" Sōta pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing, "Can somebody sedate him, please?"

Soon enough, Aoi and the butterfly triplets strolled through the door. Upon Aoi seeing you out of bed, she marched over to you, "What are you doing out of bed, (Y/N)?! You're supposed to be resting!"

Puffing out your cheeks, you placed a hand on your hip, "I'm already mostly healed, anyways! Plus.. I could use this time for training!" You perked up, "Oh, speaking of. That's what I'll do right now!"

As you walked around Aoi, heading to the door, she blocked your path, "If you think I'll let you do that, you're an idiot! Your body has been through too much strain already! Besides, you don't even have a sword to train with!"