Reunited At Last

this will most likely be the only chapter for the next few days! sorry in advance!

off topic but i got my nose pierced yesterday WOOOO
it's a pretty opal stud :)

(edited as of 4.19.24)

WARNING : Swearing , Blood , Violence

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

A searing, agonizing pain erupted in your abdomen, to which you painfully cried out.

Blood immediately seeped from the puncture wound, staining your brown uniform a deep maroon.

"Don't get in the way of my dreams!!" The conductor yelled defiantly, just before Inosuke tackled him to the side.

"Damn you!!" Inosuke swore, pinning the conductor beneath his body.

Your knees buckled beneath your weight, an aching pain ricocheting through your stomach. Your hands shot to provide pressure, far too scared to remove the knife.

"(Y/N)!!" Tanjirou yelled, rushing over to you in a panic.

"I— I'm fine! Focus on cutting this fucker's neck!!" You strained, cutting him off with a shaking tone.

Inosuke knocked the conductor unconscious, springing up from the ground and locking eyes with Tanjirou. In turn, they nodded in unison.

You desperately tried to restrain your panic, wincing as you glanced down at your bloody wound.

'Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit— I just got fucking stabbed!! Fuck, fuck, fuck!!'

Adrenaline rushed through your veins—which you were forever thankful for. At least, after the initial strike, it didn't hurt as much as it should.

Meanwhile, Inosuke called out. "Beast Breathing, Fourth Form, Slice 'n' Dice!!" In turn, he ruthlessly delivered diagonal slashes toward the bone.

"Dance of the Fire God, Clear Blue Sky!" Tanjirou shouted, launching into the air—just before he swiped down in a full circle. As he did so, embers danced around his jet black blade.

Entranced by his signature Sun Breath, you couldn't help but gape—this was the first time you'd seen it in the flesh.

'If I hadn't been stabbed, I would've enjoyed the sight so much more,' You snorted.

Finally, you came to a sudden realization—making your blood run cold; your heart dropping. "Shit! How am I going to help Rengoku?!"

As you fought to regain your footing, the train lurched—just before it jerked off the tracks completely. Enmu's agonizing screams filled your eardrums, causing a wince to escape your lips.

You quickly sheathed your sword as the train erupted in flesh—ensuring that you'd have your weapon for the final fight.

"We cut his neck and made him writhe in pain!! Gwahaha!! Terrific!!" Inosuke victoriously cheered.

"Inosuke, now's not the time to celebrate!! The train is about to— fuck!!" You shouted back, before cutting off when the pain in your abdomen spiked.

"(M/N)! A-Are you okay?!" Inosuke exclaimed, taking a step forward.

"(Y/N)!! Hold on, I'm coming!!" Tanjirou screamed in a panic, attempting to make his way to you amidst the chaos.