Konan- First Meeting

You ended up picking a bottle labeled as "Tequila Rose". It was one of your favorite liquors. As you gulped it down, you found a small piece of paper underneath the bottle with the note- Konan's stash, do not touch. Shrugging, you folded it into a paper crane and left it there as you finished the bottle.

You watched as everyone else began to slip into a drunken stupor. You had a high alcohol tolerance, so you were buzzed at best. You watched as a woman with blue hair decorated with a white rose came toward you, a scowl on her lips. Her eyes were a golden yellow, narrowing on you and your form with intense hatred.

"How dare you drink from my personal stash," she growled as the orange-haired man held her back.

"I'm the one who grabbed it, Konan," he tried to soothe her, "But that one is the one who picked it. Treat them how you will." You pouted, wondering if you should get your fans ready. You had a unique ability that has been passed down in your family from generation to generation. The Dragon's Siren. 

By humming a soft tune and gently tapping your feet, you could produce a dragon guided by your hand and your hand alone. So far, you've been able to create a water dragon and a wind dragon. Fire and earth were more difficult to control, but you were still working on it. You believed you could potentially conquer the world if you mastered all four elements. 

But when her golden eyes traced the paper crane you left, and met yours once more, you felt your heart nearly stop. She moved her hand and caused the paper crane to move to it, having her check the folding capabilities that you possessed.

"Do you make origami?" she asked softly. In truth, you only knew of the paper crane. So you decided to not answer, looking at the ground. She approached you, her tone cold as ice. "Speak when spoken to!" She demanded.

"Why?" You couldn't help but retort, "You're not my mother!" She held you up by your throat, her gaze piercing yours as she hissed.

"I might not be your mother, but I can certainly be your mommy," she threatened. You gasped, making her drop you as you rubbed your throat. "Keep them; they have use here... if they can't fight, then keep them as a maid..." she shrugged. 

You shakily stood up, tapping your foot. With this amount of rage, you could use your fire serpent and destroy the base. Fire was much easier to control when you were angry. But she held your paper crane, gently caressing the paper as the orange-haired man turned you away from everyone; putting you back downstairs in a cage. 

You could escape, you pondered, gently pulling on the door, but nothing really waited for you outside the cell. If you escaped, you would be killed; you did have a high bounty on your head, after all, for the murder of your village. That couldn't be helped. 

Maybe they would protect you and let you live? 

XXXXX

"Konan," Nagato cleared his throat as I continued to play with the paper crane. Such detail, and so very carefully crafted! "What is your plan for that person?" 

"...I want them to remain alive for now. They... have some talent that I wish to test," Konan sighed, turning the crane over and over in her hands. 

"Talent? Or did you finally find someone who caught your eye?" Nagato smiled, guessing the truth. Konan launched her paper cranes at him, making him run out the door. 

"...They're different than anyone I've ever encountered before," Konan admitted to herself, cradling the small crane. "I..." She shook her head. Her heart did seek warmth and that crane had a sample of that. Maybe she has found the one she's been looking for after all...