Konan- Cat Trouble

"Konan?" You called out, waking around the base. She warned you she would be out on a mission but would be back in a few hours. Well, it's been 8 hours... and you haven't seen hide nor tail of your girlfriend.

"Y/N..." Pein approached you as you pouted, him holding a completely white slim cat with the most mesmerizing golden yellow eyes. After staring at the cute thing for a few moments, your eyes widened in shock.

"Pein... what happened to her?" You glared at him, making him shiver. "What happened to my Konan?"

"She was hit with a strain of Gatophernia. This effect will wear off in two to four weeks..." Pein gulped as you scooped the purring cat from him.

He hated breaking bad news to you about Konan. It's like a switch gets hit in the back of your mind and you turn into someone else completely- from sweet and kind to a blood thirsty monster. He's heard of split personality syndrome, but yours seems more unique than that... and he had a feeling that may be why you killed your village. A sort of Yandere situation...But how could he complain when you kept Konan in line? He'd rather deal with your anger than hers...then again, your anger was the kind to run hot and made him uneasy...

"Let's see what kinda cat you are, Ko-Ko..." you used the soft nickname you made her before she left. She blushed and said you couldn't say that in front of anyone else...

You hurried yourself deep in any cat books you owned as Konan purred nearby, belly up in the air.

" Let's see... Oh, here it is! You're a Russian White!" You giggled, itching her head as she purred in your lap. She nipped your finger slightly, but licked it afterwards. According to what you've been reading, that's more like a love bite from cats...

"Awe, I love you too, Ko-Ko~" you scratched her head as she purred louder. And for the next few weeks, you kept her close while you studied the books on Gatopherina. There were affect effects that would plague her for awhile, and you wanted to be prepared for the potential issues that may cause...

You got a hoodie with a kitty pouch, so she could always be carried. And for once, the whole hideout seemed to sigh in relief. Then three weeks after infection, she turns back.

You were sleeping with her pushed up against you under the blanket, her paws on your chest between your arms. She turned back and purred softly, making you wake up as you felt the pressure of her fingers on your skin.

"Ko-Ko...?" You murmured sleepily, opening your eyes fully. She still had her ears and tail... she still had- you turned bright red as she leaned in, kissing your lips.

"I love you, Y/N," she sighed, cuddling into you. You sighed, rubbing her back as she purred. This... this was how it was meant to be... man, it made you wonder what would have happened if they... succeeded in capturing Ko-Ko... all those years ago...