Pein- First Date

You slipped a kimono over your outfit as Konan fussed over your hair. You've never had the honor of going on a date before. Your family would have arranged a marriage to keep the bloodline pure, you rolled your eyes at the thought as Konan braided your hair. Before they sold you to Orochimaru, that is.

You couldn't tell anyone what really happened. Besides, did it really matter? You managed to escape him, did you not? At least, you shivered as you saw a certain someone out of the corner of your eye, you thought you did...

Pein thought you were shivering due to the cold, so he wrapped his arm around you, causing you to flush in pleasure. And when you finally turned to look, the person disappeared. Maybe you were just overreacting. You haven't seen them in years, anyway...

What were the odds they would be here, watching you and Pein?

You grumbled, itching the lower part of your left shoulder. Unbeknownst to you, the seal Orochimaru placed on you years ago began to radiate its poison back into your veins. You were safe; Pein was with you. And you knew you had the Akatsuki at your back; no harm would ever befall you, not if they could prevent it.

And as you and Pein cuddled under the darkened sky, fireworks began to spark up in a wondrous display of colors, you decided you didn't care. You were safe. Pein would always keep you safe from the likes of him.

Almost reading your mind, Pein kissed you for the first time, claiming your heart as his forevermore. It was all you ever craved. You nuzzled his nose with your own as he smiled softly. His hand traced the old scar he left on your body. He always found the sore area, his eyes flashing in agony as he remembered exactly what he did to you. But you were alive and well and very much happy.

"Y/N, I-"

"Pein, relax," you chuckled, "I have forgiven you a while ago. I wouldn't have joined your cause otherwise. You know this. Stop making yourself suffer. It's healing and I'm here with you." You cuddled back into his side as he smiled. You were right, of course; he always did torture himself with the thoughts of you being in pain. For even though this world should know true pain, you did not deserve it.

Especially after all you've been through.

Yes, he knew; while you were fighting your wounds, slipping in and out of consciousness, he sent Konan to dig up your past. He did not expect all the experimentation nor the suffering Orochimaru caused. It made him realize how strong you truly were, to suffer under such disgusting beings. And that strength is what he continued to see, more and more as you planned out expeditions. That fire in your eyes is what drew him to you.

And as you fell asleep during the fireworks, your rose-colored face forever imprinted in his mind, he made a promise to himself: he would keep you safe by any means necessary.

XXXXX

"Lord Orochimaru," Kabuto bowed to him on the outskirts of the fair, "I have found our little escape artist."

"Excellent," Orochimaru chuckled. She's exactly where he needs her.