Deidara- Realization

Two days. You were gone for two days and Barbie had his c-4 clay taken from him. What did he do while you were away...?

You sighed, heading into the base. The mission you were on was bad enough; Hidan got drunk and tried to sleep with the damn target. You had to handle the mission solo, while he was tied up and gagged in the hotel you stayed at. Easier said than done...

But you got through it, thankfully. Thanks to Deidara, actually; he slipped you some of his c-4 clay to keep you safe. It was... you couldn't help but blush at his unspoken concern for you...

And you were afraid at what mood he would be in once you returned. Konan did warn you before you got into the base. You hoped it would be all right.

When you opened the door, you gasped, dropping your bag.

"Oh, Y/N! You've been gone forever, yeah!" Deidara smiled at you.

"Deidara, did you pick up gardening while I was away or something?!" You whispered. The room was covered wall to wall in different colors of roses. Not that it wasn't beautiful...

"I wanted to surprise you... and-and ask you a question..." You covered your nose as you sniffled.

"Deidara..." you rasped, clearing your throat as your eyes became watery.

"W-Woukd you... d-date m-me?" You sneezed, gasping a bit for air, "Aw, you have a cute sneeze, Y/N, yeah!"

"Dei-" you gasped and coughed.

"Y/N? What's wrong? Don't you l-like roses? K-Konan showed me your sketchbook, yeah; you're always d-drawing them-so-so I thought... hm..."

"I'M ALLERGIC TO THEM, DEIDARA!" You gasped, reaching for your EpiPen.

"Oh, man... KONAN!" He screamed, rushing you and himself out of the room as you injected yourself. Of all the times you've cursed at to use self for having such a stupid allergy, now was the most...

XXXXX

"...So, let me get this straight..." Leader fought back a smile that tugged at the corners of his mouth, Konan smirking at you two. "Deidara, you wanted to surprise Y/N and ask her out, correct?"

"Y-Yes, Leader, un..." His gaze was on the ground, cheeks a firefly red.

"Honestly, if I wasn't allergic to the damn flowers, it would have been quite sweet. Although, I want to murder Konan for showing him my sketchbook."

"Give me a break, N/N (nickname)," Konan rolled her eyes with a chuckle, "You two are both stubborn to the extremes! That's why I showed him that drawing of what his hand mouths-"

"YOU SHOWED HIM THAT ONE?!" You screeched, turning bright red in embarrassment.

"...What?" Leader looked from you to Konan.

"I'll explain later, Leader," she chuckled. "But it worked. He was making that statue of you in your likeness and he was frustrated that he couldn't get it right, so..."

"...The statue of the unamused angel, yeah... It w-was based off of that cute wrinkle you get over your nose when you're angry, un..." Deidara admitted, making your face heat up even more. It was flattering, you had to admit, to be someone's art subject...

"... You know, of all the ways we could have become a couple- death by roses was far from my mind..." you chuckled as Deidara smiled, "But now that I have you as my boyfriend, I guess I win?"

"Yeah, you win- a trip to the hospital, Y/N. You had to use your EpiPen, let's go," Konan became stern as she dragged you out of the base. "Deidara, clean up the room, please."

"R-Right away, Konan!" Leader facepalmed as Deidara left, then he bang to laugh. Death by roses? Now that's an ironic way of getting into a relationship...