Kakuzu- Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day... you grunted as you carried your bounty upon your shoulder. The lovey-dovey day of the year... it didn't really interest you. It was just a commercial holiday, where people just spend money.

Besides, your boyfriend, Kakuzu, wouldn't want to celebrate, anyway, you shrugged as you dropped the bounty off. Although, you know he would love to receive more money... maybe you should go on a bounty date and let him keep all of the money from it...

You chuckled to yourself as you headed back to the base with the case of money in hand. You paused as you heard three ninja sneak up behind you.

"There you are... princess..." you groaned inwardly as the ninja began to attack. Of course, your past has to keep catching up to you...

Drawing your bow taunt, you killed them with one shot, three arrows landing precisely in their brains. That reminds you, you mused, piercing your lips, Kakuzu did need more hearts...

XXXXX

"Hey, Stitches," you greeted him as he made a sound, finishing up the case he was counting. He had his mask off and his hair down, tousled around his stitched face.

You hit the door closed with your hip, a small box in one arm and the case full of money in the other hand.

"Y/N," he replied gruffly, smiling ever so faintly. His green eyes traced the box in my hand and the case, raising an eyebrow.

"Here; I got you another case of money and three hearts. I remember you saying yours was strained and it was time for a replacement?" You shrugged, walking over to him. He opened the box, looking confused as you put the case of money down in front of him.

"What's the occasion?" He cleared his throat, looking from you to the case of money and the hearts in a box.

"Well, besides the fact I'm your girlfriend and I like to make you happy," you smirked as he chuckled, "Tomorrow's Valentine's Day and I figured you would like something like this."

"...Valentine's Day is tomorrow...?" He mused, looking at the calendar. "Ah... I forgot..." he sighed, itching the back of his neck. "Is there anything you want... for Valentine's...?" He asked softly.

"Nah, I'm good," you yawned, yanking off your head covering and letting your hair loose from your braid. "I don't really celebrate Valentine's. It's typically a commercial holiday, designed to make you spend money..."

"Oh... I see... and this has nothing to do with your forced marriage?" Kakuzu asked with a frown.

"...How did you find that out...?" You puffed out some air.

"...Ginji told me everything when I dropped off the last bounty. He let it slip that you were... a high standing member of society? What made you fall to this way of life?"

"...You want details?" Your voice became cold, calculated as you flashed back to that moment when everything changed for you. When E/N (Enemy Name) killed your parents...

"...Yes, I do..." Kakuzu nodded, "Because I can't help you if I don't know what's going on. Ninja keep aiming for you and I want to know why, so I can stop them from ever coming after you again."

"...For protection?" You murmured, heart slightly a flutter. You chuckled with a small smile, "You know, you can actually be sweet, Stitches..."

"...Shut up..." he growled low in his throat as he began to count the money from the case you gave him. He also began to use his tentacles to incorporate the new hearts into his system, replacing the bad ones. He left the gooey black hearts in the box, making you smile as you grabbed the box and threw them out to Zetsu. He would eat the leftover hearts, although he did admit the black goo made them not as tasty...

"How are you feeling, hon?" You asked softly as he sighed, easing back into his chair a bit.

"Thank you; I did need those hearts," he sighed. "...You're not really to talk about your past yet."

"No, not really," you nodded, checking your now. It was time to restring anyway... "I get into fight or flight mode still..." You checked your arrows in your quiver. "Mm... I need to make more arrows... only got three left... Care to join me to gather the materials?"

"Sure," he put the case down, "What do you need to grab?"

"Forest stuff. Rocks to shape, twine is easily made from scratch..." you mused out loud, "Oh and wood for the shafts..."

"...Scavenger?" He smirked at you as you chuckled.

"You know me well," you shrugged. He frowned a moment.

"You're bleeding..." he reached for tou, pulling your shoulder strap of your sleeveless t shirt down. You didn't feel it. "Hold still..." he stitched it quickly, rubbing some balm over the stitches as he bandaged the area.

"Thanks, Kakuzu," you smiled at him as you rebranded your hair and put your head covering back on.

"We should grab some bounties while we're gathering," he shrugged as you laughed.

"Of course, let's go!"