Kisame- Realization

"So, Y/N; why did you want to share a room with me in the first place?" You looked up from your book as Kisame toyed with Samehada's handle.

"Why do you ask?" Ever since the incident in Leader's room, you weren't allowed out of Kisame's sight.

"I'm curious. And don't say it's because of the waterbed," he smirked at you.

"...You're safe," you murmured softly.

"I'm...safe? I don't follow, Y/N," he shrugged.

"You remind me of the ocean, Kisame," you told him with a smile, "Vast, mysterious... gentle and kind, when approached. That day, when I escaped, the ocean guided me. It carried me safely away, struck those that tried to reach me. You- you wouldn't let anyone hurt me; you would kill those intending to harm me. So you're safe."

"I-I mean..." his face gained a tint of purple. "Th-That goes without saying..."

"You weren't afraid of me. You just lead me here, and told me: You're quite the prize. Headstrong and quiet? Nice."

"...W-Well, it's rare now a days to find such a..." he couldn't find the words, his purple blush deepening.

"Those were the first kind words I've ever heard, Kisame. You wanted me..." you chuckled to yourself, "You wanted a monster? It's practically unheard of."

"Hey, now; you're not a monster," he threw Samehada down and immediately embraced you as you shivered, "How can someone as beautiful and warm as you be a monster? No, those cultists are monsters; you're just an innocent bystander that learned how to fight."

"...You're safe..." you chuckled, wiping the tears from your eyes. You sniffled a bit and leaned into his arms.

"Yeah, you're safe here, Y/N," Kisame replied as you settled in his arms.

XXXXX

"Yo, Kisame's bitch," Hidan slurred as he walked around the kitchen, "I'm making food. Want any?"

"Sure," you replied, not even looking up from your book. Kisame turned an interesting shade of purple.

"Did-did Hidan just call you my- m-my..."

"Yes, he did. We're dating, aren't we?" You tilted your head to the side as the purple hue on his face became more pronounced.

"I-I-I don't remember asking y-y-you out..." he stuttered as you turned the page.

"Oi, Fish! You two were a thing since that fucking bottle game!" Hidan poked his head out of the kitchen. "We all fucking knew. You two share a fucking room, for Jashin's sake!"

"W-W-Well..."

"Is that not how relationships work?" You glanced at Kisame, concern growing in your stomach. "I-I mean, I thought we were together... you protect me and hold me at night... is-is that not the case?"

He sighed, seeing how vulnerable you were around him.

"...Fuck it, we're dating..." he sighed, plopping down next to you and wrapping an arm around you as you snuggled into him happily. "...I'm just stupid; we've been dating... apparently..."