Itachi- Valentine's Day

February 14th. The day of lovers. The day you were born. The day your innocence was taken from you...

Ah, but you didn't want to spoil the day with your past; you wanted to look toward your future. Towards Itachi...

Yet, behind his smile, today of all days, there was a flicker of pain. You raised an eyebrow; this was a painful day for him too?

You sighed, shaking your head as you curled up tightly on your bed, nose buried in another book. Itachi cleared his throat as he approached your bedside. You hummed to acknowledge him as he sighed, curling up next to you. Ever so slowly, he crawled into your lap like a little koala, clinging to you like you were the last Eucalyptus tree in the whole forest.

"...Thanks, by the way," you sighed with a soft smile as he hummed, half asleep on your chest. He opened his eyes as he yawned.

"For what, my darling?" He mumbled, eyes a beautiful sleepy black.

"For not making me celebrate my birthday today," you sighed cont ntly, "It's always been a painful memory for me." Itachi looked up at you quizzically, then his eyes narrowed in on yours.

"...Today's your birthday?" He whispered, his face deadpanning.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you...?" You asked, as silence fell over you both.

"...Of all days... the day of my first love's birthday is also my darling love's birthday...?" He mumbled, making you raise an eyebrow at his vulnerability.

"..Itachi..." you softly whispered, gently caressing his cheek as he sighed sadly. Then he shared with you the story of his first love, Izumi, and what he was forced to do. Now all that was left for him to do was allow Sasuke to kill him as his penance...

"...Mm..." you sighed, "I guess I'll never fully understand that burden, Itachi... but I wish to help and share it alongside you. As I am naught but a monster in this world... what a fitting end that would be, wouldn't it?"

"...No more love stories, my darling Y/N,"
He chuckled with a small smile, tucking your book away. "It's making you quite alluring..."

"...Then for my birthday, how about you show me how much you love my body~?" You teased with a wink. His smile deepened as he kissed you deeply, slowly catching the zipper of your Akatsuki cloak in his teeth and pulling it downward.

Oh, this was the first birthday you finally wished for something else other than death...